neuropathy and ED

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
dcell7

neuropathy and ED

Postby dcell7 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm

http://www.news-medical.net/news/201111 ... pathy.aspx I thought I would post this for those that suffer from neuropathy. Very likely my now severe ED has tracked the progression of my neuropathy for the last 15 years. I have both Charcot Marie Tooth disease and poly neuropathy. I noticed losing feeling in the pelvic region about 10 years ago. Not only were erections much more difficult but orgasms were much weaker as well. There was just a distinct lack of sensation in the penis. For a very long time now a pump has been my only viable choice. Even that is now not what it used to be. Due to the dead legs and a right hand as well conventional sex has really become difficult.

I was very gratified to see someone actually study this, but these doc's suggestion that some have an electromyograph in the pelvic region is just pure torture. Having had this and other such tests on my extremities was no fun. In fact my neurologist apologized when he prescribed it.

dtwarren1942

Re: neuropathy and ED

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:10 pm

In addition to peripheral neuropathy as discussed above, diabetics also can suffer with autonomic neuropathy. Autonomic neuropathy effects the nerves of the body's involuntary functions, including sexual function. As a diabetic (21 years), I suffer with both forms. Accordingly, I rely on medication, injections and/or a pump in order to achieve and maintain an erection. It is also extremely difficult to achieve orgasm.

The article is very interesting; however, my endocrinologist has been advising me that my ED is a result of neuropathy for the past 15 years. At this stage, it extremely unlikely that the damage to the nerves caused by elevated blood sugar is reversible.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:36 pm

This topic is very interesting to me because my ED started after my bone marrow transplant 22 years ago. During the past year I have been diagnosed with neuropathy in my legs by a neurologist so all along the massive chemo that was the required prior to the transplant can be casual to neuropathy and ED.

http://journals.lww.com/oncology-times/ ... ostID=1285

I will be 75 next month. At this time vertigo is my most disabling health problem. It shouldn't have much to do with my age or ed.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Since my last post I found out my vertigo is probably caused by my advancing periferal neuropathy. I am scheduled to have a brain and neck MRI. My neurologist is ordering that because he is not certain about this as my ENT. My vertigo is a weird feeling. It primarily is felt when standing. I feel like a washing machine. Having ED is only problem with aging. I was 75 last month.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

hoosierphilly

Postby hoosierphilly » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:02 am

These conditions may not respond, but ask them about them specifically.

You might want to try going to Canada for the ed1000. Talk to the distributor and take their survey to see if you are a good candidate. Tretments can be done in Toronto or Montreal. two or three times per week and two or 3 weeks depending, on your selection due to travel needs. Tests have been completed in the US but the FDA has not ruled on it yet. I am testing the 9 volt thing from a good manufacturer, who knows if that will accomplish rejuvenation. The ED1000 is suppose to redevelop the tiny blood vessels that are shut down precluding erections. It is not cheap but cheaper than meds and/or makes the meds effective. try this email for info: info@ed1000.ca

Return to “General Discussion”