Simvastatin

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
sluggun

Simvastatin

Postby sluggun » Fri May 08, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi Guys

Been on Simvastatin for about 10 years 40mg one a day.
I stopped taking them 6 days ago and I feel my sex drive coming back and I've had morning wood three times, have I found my
problem? anyone else had the same.
thanks for listening.

Kev

Anonymous2

Re: Simvastatin

Postby Anonymous2 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:39 am

Hi Kev So you have been on statins all this time, is your cholesterol that bad then? ED is one of the side effects of statins, look down below this post your find some links I posted some time ago, should not be that far down, makes for some interesting reading, and go have a look on www.spacdoc.com lots to read.
But if you want to help yourself try this below, its 3 things Cayenne Pepper, Turmeric and Garlic, all of these will help you blood and really help your erections.

The way out and clearing away plaque would be to get on Cayenne Pepper, Turmeric and garlic, take this each morning and see how you go.
You just mix CP and Turmeric 50/50 in olive oil and then mix with tomato paste and thin it with olive oil, at first you just mix this to a heat that suits you, and over time you can slowly increase the CP and Turmeric.
You take 3 small teaspoonful each morning first thing, you wash each spoonful down with water, before anything else just after you get up, one thing it will warm you up, with this, which will also help would be very fine chopped garlic, just do a whole head, chopped fine, and keep in olive oil, with this you add dried parsley, a couple of good desert spoonful's and mix, you just add a teaspoonful on top of the CP an turmeric mix, just mix into the top take as said.
The Parsley its very good for the blood and helps keep your Cholesterol down.
Now if you read up about all three, the very good for ED, your heart and prostate, garlic is also very good for your blood, so along with the CP and turmeric, your be doing your body the world of good.
I do suggest you google all 3, your see just how they really work, suggest you just google cayenne pepper for cholesterol, and so on.
And yes have had ED now in recovery and do take what is above along with other stuff.
So do hope this helps you.
Good Luck
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

bw1951

Postby bw1951 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:04 am

I would also like to hear feedback about simvastatin (generic zocor). Been on lower dose of 10mg for almost 10 years. Used to be the only one I took at night so forgot it a lot. I assumed erectile problems were entirely from prostate cancer radiation. Now wondering if statins also contributing to problem. Since the pills work fine for erections, I would probably stay on statins if that is the only side effect. I don't have the muscle pains that some folks get.

But during this 10 year period antidepressant related ejaculatory delay problems got much worse.

I guess I need to do more research on statins.

Anonymous2

Postby Anonymous2 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:19 pm

bw1951 wrote:I would also like to hear feedback about simvastatin (generic zocor). Been on lower dose of 10mg for almost 10 years. Used to be the only one I took at night so forgot it a lot. I assumed erectile problems were entirely from prostate cancer radiation. Now wondering if statins also contributing to problem. Since the pills work fine for erections, I would probably stay on statins if that is the only side effect. I don't have the muscle pains that some folks get.

But during this 10 year period antidepressant related ejaculatory delay problems got much worse.

I guess I need to do more research on statins.

Hi BW, Try these links as a starting point.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... atins.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... drugs.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... rated.html
But also look at the www.spacedoc.com site, may sound a bit of a joke, but its not, the guy who's site it is a doctor and an astronaut, with help from lots of other doctors, this one site may really open your eyes.

Good Luck

NOWHARD
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

David1961

Postby David1961 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:51 am

Kev:

Thanks for starting this thread. Did you stop taking the simvastatin on your own or on a doctor's advice? I ask because doctors rarely seem to want to take someone off statins, especially if they have been on them for 10 years. Did the doctor switch you to another statin that does not have the ED side effect? I'm in a similar situation. I am taking atorvastatin calcium (generic Lipitor) and wonder if that could be causing some of my ED problems.
I do have some heart disease and high cholesterol so I am reluctant to go off statins. My doctor doesn't even want to consider it.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue May 12, 2015 8:57 am

My cardiologist has been nagging me to go on statins for years, even though my cho is just low borderline. I cannot tolerate any statin, and I've tried many different brands over the years - they all cause me leg pain and significant depression. I told him I'd rather take my chances with the cholesterol than to live the rest of my days in misery due to the side effects of the statins. He reluctantly agreed and suggested I take full strength aspirin for at least some protection. I've been doing that and so far, so good. You don't have to read very far online to see the many dangers of statins. Life is a crapshoot anyway - IMO it's better to have a smaller number of years in relative comfort than a greater number of years in misery.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

David1961

Postby David1961 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:59 pm

dg_moore:

Good for you!
When your doctor agreed with your decision to stop taking statins, did he recommend anything else besides taking aspirin?

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue May 12, 2015 6:53 pm

David1961 wrote:dg_moore:

Good for you!
When your doctor agreed with your decision to stop taking statins, did he recommend anything else besides taking aspirin?

Nope - he's been pushing statins at me for years and I've been pushing back. He finally admitted defeat and suggested the aspirin regimen, along with proper diet and exercise, which I do anyway. I resist all prescription meds - the less the better. I'm on a little bit of BP med and tolerate it pretty well.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.

Anonymous2

Postby Anonymous2 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:37 am

dg_moore wrote:
David1961 wrote:dg_moore:

Good for you!

Nope - he's been pushing statins at me for years and I've been pushing back. He finally admitted defeat and suggested the aspirin regimen, along with proper diet and exercise, which I do anyway. I resist all prescription meds - the less the better. I'm on a little bit of BP med and tolerate it pretty well.

Hi Dave You should really be on low dose aspirin, the wife and I have been on these since the age of 50, we did ask our UK doctor over this and he agreed its a good thing to do, as he would be doing the same, when he gets to 50, its quite a common thing in Europe, very big in Sweden where they all carry high dose aspirin, in case of heart attack, its slipped under the tongue, its got a very good recovery rate by doing so (to carry them its either a bracelet or in a locket on a chain round the neck), but do get on the Cayenne pepper and turmeric and with garlic dose fight high cholesterol, plus its so good for the heart and prostate, bit 3 in one oil.
Have a read of this link from the UK's NHS, all about low dose aspirin, http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/anti-plate ... ction.aspx

Good Luck

NOWHARD

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed May 13, 2015 10:04 am

NOWHARD wrote:...you should really be on low dose aspirin...
My doc advised 325 mg aspirin rather than the low dose, saying it would provide more of the protection I need (I have an artificial heart valve). So that's what I'm doing.

Return to “General Discussion”