Acupuncture

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
topdog

Acupuncture

Postby topdog » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:47 am

Has anyone tried acupuncture? I really want to explore every option before electing for an implant. Its not an easy decision in my case because I get "sometimes" results and I am hopeful that I will strike upon a workable program, method, or new medical development. Any one have similar feelings?

newbie1

Re: Acupuncture

Postby newbie1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:11 am

I have tried acupunture with no result. Although I am not sure if it was due to:
1. the acupunturist not doing right
2. my condition not suitable for acupuncture, or,
3. other reasons
ED many years, failed PDE5i, on Trimix but recently needing large increasing strengths and doses

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:57 am

I have had acupuncture for a number of issues and it helped with all of them except for ED. I had very good results for pain and some other issues, but no luck at all with ED. According to Harvey Simon, M.D. at Harvard Medical School, "Despite great interest in acupuncture, research provides little evidence that it's useful for ED. ...Acupuncture for ED and other possible uses needs more study. Meanwhile, though, men who are attracted to "all natural" therapies should work on lifestyle changes that can preserve or improve erectile function."

I think acupuncture is effective for lots of things, and well worth the money, but you'll have better success dealing with ED medically.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Mon May 25, 2015 1:06 am

Acupuncture didn't work for me either. It does help with lower back and leg pains. I do it once a week.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:31 pm

I had gone for acupuncture for various medical issues. I tried it for nerve damage in leg, tinnitus, hearing and trying to regain feeling after kidney cancer surgery. At times it did help and felt some relief but then it came back.

When I was diagnosed with ED, I didn't want to do the VED or other medications, or the implant until I went to the acupuncturist. He did his training in China and spoke very little English and he also prescribed this awful combo herbs! Well I paid for it and later threw it out, because couldn't stand the smell of it. Didn't know what it was that I was drinking.....

The ED progressed and ended up having the implant. If you want more details re the ED therapy, you can PM me.
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Return to “General Discussion”