penile sensitivty

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
zoph3388

penile sensitivty

Postby zoph3388 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:08 am

I had robotic surgery nearly two years ago. Everything is working well. ,but I''ve noticed a decrease in the sensitivity of my penis and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I don't remember too much about this for the first year or so after surgery. I think my mind was more on getting things to work properly. Ihave been patiently awaiting those nerves to regenerate. I think I may be at the end of the period where I can expect much more change. I've read Mulhall's book "sex after prostate cancer. Its very technical and doesn't really deal with this issue. UI can't do much about the sensitiivity, but was wondering if any one else has has a similar problem.
George

Thomas
Site Admin

Re: penile sensitivty

Postby Thomas » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:29 am

Hi George,

I had a Robotic RP in Sep 2008 (16 months now) and also had a change in the sensitivity of my penis. Prior to the surgery, using creams on my penis was very pleasurable and was one of the primary methods used by my wife and I (or just me). However, after the surgery I found that the once primary method was not working for me. The sensitivity "changed" and I had to alter my methods (dry now seems to give me more pleasure now). Rather than looking at this as a sensitivity reduction, think of it as an opportunity to explore and find out what works (I know, easier said than done!). My wife and I have also brought a variety of toys into our lives and some seem to help me heighten the sensitivity. Have you tried a penis ring?

- Tom
Robotic RP Sept 2008
Cancer free
ED, but still hopeful (meds work well)

jackpTenn

Postby jackpTenn » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:53 pm

George / Tom

I did not have PCa but peyronies. I also lost a lot of sensitivity. The best thing I noticed was about 3 months after my implant the sensitivity in my glans has gotten much better. I beleive it is because the corpora's are not fighting the glans for blood flow and the glans gets a better blood supply for the nerves.

Jackp
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

zoph3388

Postby zoph3388 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:31 pm

I have to be happy with my post op recovery. I just wondered if others experience the same thing. The Drs. deal with the cancer and incontionence issues, I guess they need to spend more time in there medical training on the other post op issues. My wife has a quote on our refrig. that says "positive thoughts- positive actions.Something to live by and be grateful.
George

Thomas
Site Admin

Postby Thomas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:06 am

My personal thought on this is that I don't think the penis itself loses sensitivity post Radical Prostatectomy. I think the parts of the body that would normally react early on to the penis being stimulated are gone, specifically the prostate. I know for me the "early" pleasures I would feel when begining to get stimulated (think about the pleasue that would generate pre-cum) are somewhat delayed until the penis itself begins the early organsm pleasures. Not long after my surgery I remember saying to myself that my penis was numb because I wasn't getting the "normal" reaction that I had been use to. I even had to learn how to better stimulate myself and, again, I don't think this was because my penis changed, I think it was due to the parts being removed.

How's this for over analysis? :lol:
Robotic RP Sept 2008
Cancer free
ED, but still hopeful (meds work well)

PK Man

Postby PK Man » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:58 pm

I had radiation treatment and the effect of having my dick fried (literally) has definitely affected my sensitivity.

Return to “General Discussion”