Testosterone question

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
alibaba

Testosterone question

Postby alibaba » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:10 pm

I do not remember which forum, but I read here that some of you folks changed from Androgel to injectible T and had a sizable increase in libido. I've been on 4 pumps androgel for a long time. Big improvement in muscle,, no-longer losing weight, turning into a hairy ape except head which is falling out. I know this is an issue with all T but wondering which form of injectible you are using. T comes in many forms. Going to ask doc about it in 10 days. He suggested injectible for a long time but 4 pumps is keeping me around 634. My body eats that stuff. Wanting to get my libido back. Metoprolol and several other of my meds are a killer, but whatcha gonna do? d
Thanks
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

tomas1

Re: Testosterone question

Postby tomas1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:28 pm

Funny, but I don't notice any hair loss or weight gain.
I do seem to have shrinking testicles, but I'm thinking I can live with that?
Lemme know if you want to know my prescription?
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:10 pm

Started injectable cypionate 7 days ago. Wish I had done this years ago. Took several tries to find a needle big enough and a 22 guage x 1" needle is spooky but I wish I had tried the switch years ago. I do not miss the Androgel 4 pumps per day at all. No more issue with the big needle than the 27 guage 1/2" insulin needles ( which I could not draw the cypionate into). glad I don't have to wait on Androgel to dry to dress. Soreness not bad for about a day. 1 cc split between 2 sites (1/2cc each). No more hot sweats at 10:30 at night. So far good. 60 days I'll do labs but I feel good and it is a steady feel good now. :D
d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:04 pm

I tried the 1/2" 27gauge needle and was able to fill it, but with some difficulty. I found that I had to wait for the solution to fill the syringe. I also have to wait awhile to fill the 22gauge 1" job. Originally, I injected the 1" in butt cheeks alternating sides each week. After getting braver, I started injecting in the thigh being careful to avoid hitting the femur. I also don't inject all the way in; maybe 3/4".

I didn't like the feel of injecting with the 27gauge 1/2" so I've stopped using that. It did go in pretty sweet though.

It's your call, but I wouldn't like to inject twice each time rotating sides.

I'm glad you like the results. Let us know if you start feeling stronger.
85 years

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Idk, I stopped TRT on 9/27/14 after a year on it. Ii did Androgel for the first 8 months and then switched To injectable T. Testosterone did nothing for my libido. That was the reason I tried it, even though my total T before was not real low at 400 ng/dl. I have zero libido now. I stopped cold turkey. Haven't had my T checked, so I don't know where I'm at. My doctor said I would go back to baseline. Haven't had night time wood in months now. Is this old age? I'm 59 and in pretty good condition.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

once a writer

Postby once a writer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:39 am

A trick I learned from the nurse who taught me to do cypionate injections: Before inserting the needle into the vial, pull the plunger all the way out. Then insert the needle into the vial and push all the trapped air into the vial. The effect is to pressurize the vial and make that thick cypionate solution flow more readily into the barrel of the syringe.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

padreest

Postby padreest » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:15 pm

Was on Androgel and Axiorn for @ 2 ywears." T" went for 60 to 160. Thought about shots but to costly.
So many health issues have hit me that I don't think want do any more struggling. Close to 79 so will
have to adjust my thinking and accept my situation. I don't even use putor much these days. Thanks
for all the input. Ron

seeking info

Postby seeking info » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:30 am

Have any of you guys injecting the T, had any side effects from the injevtions. I started in September and every 2 week I gave myself the injection my butt cheek, except for the last time and I injected the medicine in my right thigh. The first night Ok but the next evening came home from store with wife CHRISTmas shopping, took off my shoes and my right leg was a bit swollen but my foot and ankle were swollen alot. Since rhen the swelling has reduced if I syayed off my leg. Today went back out with wife shopping and come home legs fairly normal. Satdown in bedand wat h some TV a bit later leg dwollen sligthlybut ankle bigger. Pharmacisy says swelling is big problem in guys taking low T injections......So help... please enlighten me with your knowledge and rescue me from the depth of this despair. Themedicine has ben greatfor mem. Ihave extensive medical problems and really cannot begin to.ascertain that something other then the side effect could be going on. I have called my uro on Thursday to advise of problem.awaiting a returm call. Let me hear from you guys who are walking in my shoes. Anxious for your input. Answer here or pm me

Thank you
Scott
Medically retired. Due to very bad back issues..multiple surgeries. Implanted pain infusion system on long term opiodal meds; hypogonadism and hypothyroid as a side effect from intrathecal pain infusion system. Use low dose generic V

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:58 am

I haven't had any swelling, but lately when I inject in the thighs, I get some soreness for several days. It's not very bad, but I think I'll go back to the butt cheek method for awhile.
85 years

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:47 pm

padreest wrote:Was on Androgel and Axiorn for @ 2 ywears." T" went for 60 to 160. Thought about shots but to costly.
So many health issues have hit me that I don't think want do any more struggling. Close to 79 so will
have to adjust my thinking and accept my situation. I don't even use putor much these days. Thanks
for all the input. Ron

I raised my T from 160 to 419 on Androgel, but I don't feel any benefit. My current prescription and supply of Androgel will run out in a couple of months and I'm leaning toward not renewing. It's expensive, especially when I hit the Medicare donut hole, and I'm not seeing any kind of improvement in well being or lilbido. Like you, the effects of aging are undeniable, and I don't see any fountains of youth ahead.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “General Discussion”