Clomid

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
tifton44

Clomid

Postby tifton44 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Would anyone that has had experience using Clomid please share some information. I have been taking the Testosterone shots for several years. I switched to the 100 mg ones recently and take them once a week. I switched because the 200 mg shots taken every two weeks were so expensive, and I am now getting the same thing, only having to inject every week. With my Medicare Px plan, the 100 mg shots (come in a 10 ml vial), cost zero from the mail order pharmacy.

Since taking the T-shots over the past several years, my testicles have shrunk to where they are about the size of an almond. I have read where that is a side effect of the shots. My urologist always checks "hypogonadism" on my report, but he has never tested me for "primary" or "secondary" hypogonadism. I read where Clomid would help the testicles regain their size if you had secondary hypogonadism, provided you stopped taking the Testosterone shots. I think it said it would take several months for the size to increase. I am willing to try this if it will make the testicles return to normal size. A number of years ago when my wife and I were trying to have children, my sperm count was checked, and it was low. The Lord blessed us, and we were finally able to have two children. From what I have read, the Clomid does make you more fertile, if the problem is "secondary" hypogonadism.

I asked my urologist the other day about taking the Clomid, and he said it wouldn't do any good. When I mentioned the "secondary" hypogonadism, and that I wondered if I had ever been tested for that, he then said I might could try the Clomid if I wanted to. I will go back to see him in a little over a month, so would like to find out if Clomid has helped anyone to regain a little of their testicle size. If so, I will tell him I wnat to stop the T-shots and try it for several months. I assume if the testicle size increased, that would indicate my body was making more Testosterone??

Thanks in advance for any ideas and suggestions. I am 68 years old.

sliphill

Re: Clomid

Postby sliphill » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:44 pm

I have been on shots for about 6 months, and was on gel for six months prior or that. My doctor prescribed it to keep the boys working. They have not shrank up yet. I am secondary, cause I was able to get my total T up to 750 just on clomid alone. My total t was 400 before going on TRT. It really hasn't helped with libido like I thought it would. Thinking about stopping the shots. Clomid will get your boys working if u are secondary. My doctor told me if I stopped, after a period of time, I would go back to my baseline of 400.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

tifton44

Postby tifton44 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:21 am

Thanks, Sliphill. Why did you switch from Clomid to the TRT? Did the Clomid not help any with libido? Also, how did you determine that you had secondary hypogonadism? Did you have to go to an endocrinologist for that? Do you think if you had stayed on the Clomid, would your total T have continued to increase? And how long did it take it to get to 750? If the TRT is not helping with libido, are you getting other benefits from it, or do you think you may go back to the Clomid? I have read that the prescription price for Clomid was not much. Is that correct? Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous2

Postby Anonymous2 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:07 am

Hi Tif, I did a trail with clomid this year just 25mg a day, for 6 weeks, did not do much for me, but then as this is Greece just cant go and get blood tests easy with out lots of traveling around, so this was just a blind test, for me it has just put weight on, which is a side effect in both men and women.
Look if you don't know its a female fertility drug, its shuts down there progesterone which brings up there testosterone, and does the same in men? or should do.
Any help.
Good Luck
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:32 pm

tifton44 wrote:Thanks, Sliphill. Why did you switch from Clomid to the TRT? Did the Clomid not help any with libido? Also, how did you determine that you had secondary hypogonadism? Did you have to go to an endocrinologist for that? Do you think if you had stayed on the Clomid, would your total T have continued to increase? And how long did it take it to get to 750? If the TRT is not helping with libido, are you getting other benefits from it, or do you think you may go back to the Clomid? I have read that the prescription price for Clomid was not much. Is that correct? Thanks for your comments.

I tried it to see if would raise my total T, it did. I only took it for a few weeks and it raised my T from 350 to 750. I didn't really help with libido.

It's called the clomid test. If your testosterone increases after being on clomid for a period of time. If it does increase, it means your boys are working, hence secondary.

I have been told by guys on the TRT forum that HCG works better at keeping your boys working. I think hcg mimics LH which is a messenger to tell the testes to start producing testosterone.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

bw1951

Postby bw1951 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:38 pm

This is interesting information. Will insurance cover clomid for low T. I had prostate cancer 8 years ago with no recurrence. Are docs more comfortable prescribing clomid than T given the prostate cancer concerns. Thanks.

Return to “General Discussion”