effects of HT on libido/erections/orgasms

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Markm0918

effects of HT on libido/erections/orgasms

Postby Markm0918 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi All

Not sure if this the right forum Paul, but, are there any of us on this board, besides myself, dealing with the effects of HT and what is does to your libido, erections and orgasms?

Lets talk......

Markm

dale childress

Re: effects of HT on libido/erections/orgasms

Postby dale childress » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:52 am

I was on ADT3 for two years which is a combination of Lupron, Casodex, and Avodart. At 47 years old and extremely active I was hoping the loss of libido would not effect me. Boy was I wrong. It got to the point within a few weeks that I had zero desire to be affectionate with my wife. I was totally impotent which may have been due to the total loss of libido or low testosterone. Regardless as it turned out my wife and I grew closer in different ways. We found a love and companionship that we had never known before in our 25 years of marriage. So in closing yes HT wrecks havoc on your libido and the ability to create an erection however it also opens the door to new and better horizons. I am off HT now and my libido and ability have returned and honestly I am thankful for the lessons I learned in the two years I was on the drugs.
Do not let it be a point of contention or depression let it be a view and way into the future

peace be with you
Dale

PK Man

Postby PK Man » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:25 pm

HT - What does this stand for? If we are talking Hormone Therapy wtih Testosterone. I have got my libido back with Test.

jackpTenn

Postby jackpTenn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:42 pm

HT or HRT Hormone Replacement Thearpy (HRT) for men is testosterone. If done proerly it will boost your sex drive, help with lean mussels/control fat, increase energy and a general since of well being. If you have ED it will also give you a tempoary boost, sad to say it will not last :x but all the other benefits last. :)

Properly done HRT is shots at least every 7 - 10 days. The total T that most doctors use is not a good guide, your free available and bioavailable should be at least 60%+ of your lab range.

Jackp
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:05 pm

There is a misunderstanding here. Mark is on HT...Hormone therapy for prostate cancer. Since PCa is a testosterone fed cancer, removing the testosterone helps kill the cancer. The drawback is that the lack of testosterone removes all sex drive and even gives some guys menopause. So, this is the opposite of HRT - it is testosterone deprivation.
Paul

PK Man

Postby PK Man » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:16 pm

That totally makes sense. I have only been familiar with the idea of HT or HRT been used in the pro-active way of increasing the presence of Testosterone. I am so to the treatment. I wish I had started earlier. I can't understand why more physicians don't actively investigate it for their patients. I had to insist on the lab tests. When they came back..............No problem getting prescription for Androgel. It doesn't do a lot for my erections, but sure makes me want one and then the rest is up to me (pills, pump, lots of foreplay). I would never look back. I have my sex life back and even better.

Return to “General Discussion”