GreenLight Laser Therapy .... BPH

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
nuguy2

GreenLight Laser Therapy .... BPH

Postby nuguy2 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:56 am

I am having a problem with urine retention and am considering GreenLight laser therapy for prostate resection. I would like to hear from persons that have undergone this treatment. Did you have a problem with urine retention ... did the procedure fix the problem? How long ago did you have the procedure? Has it continued to be effective with sustained results? Did it result in new problems such as incontinence, urgent need to urinate, frequent urination, nerve damage, etc. Were the side effects temporary (how long?) or long lasting Did it reduce nighttime trips to the toilet?

Thanks

nuguy2

Re: GreenLight Laser Therapy .... BPH

Postby nuguy2 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:13 pm

Well I had TURP surgery today using Green Light Laser Procedure this morning at 7:30. Went well and I left the hospital at noon with Foley in place. Had planned to have spinal block but after about 5 attempts to get needle in my back, I asked the anesthesiologist to give me general anesthetic instead. I am peeing pink with small bits of prostrate floating in it and understand that I probably will for a few days .... will have Foley out in the am.
At URO's recommendation I am taking pain med today and maybe tomorrow .... no real pain but feel I need to pee bad even though Foley is in place and urine flowing out freely.

Time will tell on results ...... supposed to mean fewer trips to toilet, no urine retention, no UTI, ie all the old man pee things are supposed to go away for 10 years are more until the prostrate grows back.

MIKCKNWD

Postby MIKCKNWD » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Good luck with your recovery'

nuguy2

Postby nuguy2 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:59 am

I cannot believe how easy this has been so far .... took pain pills day of surgery and one next morning for removal of Foley ..... really no pain not even removing Foley. Urine is flowing great .... very small amount of bloody discharge but nothing to speak of. Doctor says to take it easy for 2 weeks and then back to normal with everything including my relatively new implant.

hoosierphilly

Postby hoosierphilly » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:41 pm

After BPH for years, had bleeding a bit, so they did Green lazar. General Anesthesia was in overnight at Lenox Hill NYC. All went well, but incontinue a few days....then not much warning awhile and returned to pretty normal in 3-4 weeks....They lazered about 1/2 the first time and had cease surgery as too much bleeding. After another incident of slight bleeding took out more out about 1 1/2 years later so now maybe 25% left of the prostrate.

If I had know how much it would help would have done it sooner. Still healing and just started more antiotics. Also due to examines learned I had bladder cancer, so just finished that first applied chemo treatment. That looks good. Since the second surgery which was both bladder tumor removal and Lazar I have had discomfort on out upper part of penis when erect....so using alphi-stim and the MD says the pain is from the prostrate and to ejaculate some to fix that (if you don't use it you loose it as my wife says).

Hang in there and good luck.

kenguy

Postby kenguy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:20 am

One of the alternative treatments for an enlarged prostate is prostate massage. Never tried it, but there are a lot of thing sold over the internet for doing it by yourself or with a partner to help. Amazon sells some devices for this. I understand sometimes a urologist will do massages of the prostate. Again, do some internet research and and you will find there are a lot of guys out there (both straight and gay) that say it helps in a variety of ways... E.D. problems included.
80 years old, have had E.D. for 30 years. Cancer necessitated removal of prostate. Married with very understanding wife.

Return to “General Discussion”