Life is absurd and Pca is absurd.

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
3mtrship

Life is absurd and Pca is absurd.

Postby 3mtrship » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:33 am

I will not take credit for this one but I like it none the less.

Life is absurd. Pca is absurd. (Not the existential meaning, but ludicrous, ridiculous because of being irrational, incongruous, or illogical.) How is that?

1. It starts with a complete stranger sticking his finger waaay up where the sun don’t shine. This will happen on numerous occasions. It seemed like everyone I met wanted to do that.

2. That’s not the end. Other strange mechanical biopsy things get up there too.

3. You get a report with all kinds of strange terms and numbers. You frantically spend a week on the web having to learn in a week what a PhD in pathology learns in four years.

4. You have to make an impossible choice. Torch the darn thing or just kick it off the team completely.

5. You are required to put complete faith and trust with your life in a whole bunch of total strangers who may or may not have just had a knock-down drag-out with their significant other, been recently partying down, or just lost all their retirement money in the stock market.

6. If you elect the robot surgery, you find yourself in an extremely strange room, practically up-side down, with your body pumped full of gas, and cold steel arms rooting around in your innards, while being manipulated by a guy across the room sitting at a video game consol.

7. Afterwards, you find out, horror or horrors, that there IS something that can actually make Willy an inch or so shorter. (In my case, an inch that can ill afford to be lost.)

8. You will find yourself in conversations, possibly with someone you don‘t know, smiling serenely, while taking a massive piss in your pants.

9. You go to the supermarket and a hot little checkout mama slyly smiles at you. Whereupon you pass her a big package of male incontinence pads.

10. Willy goes on forced retirement. After so many years of enjoying his company, you don’t know if he’s going to ever get back on the job. You prod him with drugs, pumps, and injections.

11. With some new information you try to contact someone on your surgical "team" with a pressing question. Later you decide it would be easier to get the current locations of the surveillance drones on the Afgan-Pakistan border from the Pentagon.

I’m sure there are lots of others. Truly life is absurd.

Steve

The above is only copied by Jim

Cajun Jeff

Re: Life is absurd and Pca is absurd.

Postby Cajun Jeff » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:10 am

This is great, I think is should be posted in every Uro's office. That sure would give a heads up to the guys facing this crap.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

clearwatercowboy

Postby clearwatercowboy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Guys,

Yes, this pretty much says it all, and corvetteman has it nailed, .....we should all print this off, making many copies, and then post them on the walls of all of the urologists out there. And in BIG LETTERS " WARNING, WARNING" at the top of every copy that we tape the wall.

Dallas

franglais

Postby franglais » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:06 am

x
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

jn1421

Postby jn1421 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:05 am

I’m sorry and sad that you guys have experienced this. Thank you all for allowing me to be your friend.

Dave

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:23 am

Well said, Dave. Well said.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

eclamar1

Postby eclamar1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:53 pm

I'm new to the forum. This is only my 2d post. But, that is so true.

Ed
Age 59, PSA 7, Gleason 7 (3+4), prostatectomy (Da Vinci) Sep 2010, nerve bundles spared, PSA Dec 2010 .02, using Edex/alprostadil.

Return to “General Discussion”