Proscar or Finasteride

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
nuguy2

Proscar or Finasteride

Postby nuguy2 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:14 am

I realize many of you guys don't have a prostrate gland to worry about .....But I still have mine and it is interfering big time with urinating (pissing). I have been on Flomax and now my URO has recommended adding Finasteride. As I read about the drug, the side effects seem terrible. I am wondering if any of you have experience with it and how bad the side effects were for you. I am already bionic since June so not concerned about ED.

Would you advise going directly to laser surgery TUPR rather than trying thr drug route.... any experience with Laser TUPR????

Thanks Ralph

billylee

Re: Proscar or Finasteride

Postby billylee » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Ralph,
I had an enlarged prostrate but did not have the numerous needs to pee, however my uro recommended TURP at my convenience in a year or so. I chose to do it right away in 2008. Mine surgery was easy and I was home in maybe two days WITHOUT catheter. I had friend who had surgery same day, but diffferent surgeon and for whatever the reason, he went home with catheter. He did have the urgencies and common problems leading to meds then surgery. He also later developed cancer behind prostrate. Good news he looks great and seems to be doing fine at 73 or 4. I have known others who had TURP in recent years and have done well also. I would say it is a good thing. He will cause some changes in the norm of sex life but nothing you can not live with ....such as reverse ejaculation into bladder, but then, less mess. Go for it. billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

JerGeezer

Postby JerGeezer » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:50 pm

I've been on Finasteride 5 mg per day for three or four years and have noticed none of those side effects.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:35 am

I take fin everyday for hair loss and side effects were minimal. Everyone is different though and results may vary.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

nuguy2

Postby nuguy2 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 am

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I have been on the meds less a week and I am experiencing a slight improvement. I believe for the long haul I might well have the Laser TURP procedure .... From all I can read, it seems like a great fix with minimal risks.

imhungguy

Postby imhungguy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:55 am

I have been on finasteride (no more flomax) for about 9 months. It has helped my urinary tract problems a lot. I have my prostate, and also have a Titan. The only side-effect is hat I no longer ejaculate more that a few clear drops, really more pre- ejac than the real thing. I orgasm normally. I am not sure this has anything to do with finasteride, but I would welcome any light anyone could shed on this problem. I would like to increase my load!

JerGeezer

Postby JerGeezer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:23 pm

I had a procedure called "Cooled Thermotherapy" done on my prostate 6 or 7 years ago to sort of hollow out the prostate surrounding the urethra. Having that done resulted in my being in the same situation you describe and my doctor said that this is sometimes a result of having the procedure done - that the ejaculate simply goes into the bladder. The ejaculate is still there, but stays inside. It took awhile to get used to this.

I few months later I was prescribed Finasteride and I noticed no change in either orgasm or ejaculate.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

Return to “General Discussion”