hematuria

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Gingertom3

hematuria

Postby Gingertom3 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:16 am

Hematuria - blood in the urine. Last week I had an episode of gross hematuria - blood clots in my urine.
I did the sensible thing and contacted my doctor and provided a specimen for analysis. There was no sign of infection.
So my doctor is referring me to the urologist to determine the cause of the blood flow.
I provided two blood samples - one for further analysis and one for my annual psa test. I'm glad to say that the psa result was good - less than 0.1.
Can any of you tell me whether you have experienced the same thing? I understand that I shall have to undergo a cytoscopy. There are some things that worry me about that. Introducing a foreign object up through my urethra could also introduce an infection, even though all things should be sterilised. Also the urologist would apply a local anaesthetic to reduce or prevent any pain from the cytoscope. What's that like?
I hope someone can set my mind at rest.

Jim

Trying Hard

Re: hematuria

Postby Trying Hard » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:07 am

Noyhing to worry about the exam itself.
I did this exam (or a similar one) once, because of a slight hematuria.
You´ll be ok in no time.

Gingertom3

Postby Gingertom3 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:34 am

Trying hard - thanks for your comments. I feel a bit better. I would like to think it's nothing serious. In any case I'll probably have to wait a while for an appointment.
I suspect the cause may have been strain - over-exertion.

Jim

jackpTenn

Postby jackpTenn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Jim

I have had it done a couple of times and it was no problem. I even had one earlier this year and the problem was in infection in my bladder. Changed meds and fine now.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Return to “General Discussion”