Prolonged erection ?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
dochawken

Prolonged erection ?

Postby dochawken » Tue May 14, 2013 12:58 pm

If you use the drugs , or inject directly..why is an erection of over 4 hours considered medically undesirable? Vascular damage?

Andy425

Re: Prolonged erection ?

Postby Andy425 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Aside from possibly ruining the old boy permanently (I don't know exactly how) it aches like hell. After not having a hard-on for over 9 months, I injected and 3 hours later all I cared about was getting the bastard to go soft. It was not a pleasant experience.
RP in 2012 because of prostate cancer. 100% ED, also some leakage problems.

ohohiakane

Postby ohohiakane » Wed May 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Doc... our whole body relies on blood circulating. My guess is that blood flowing into the penis but unable to get out creats a painful problem. I hope it never happens to me.

Bill
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

Paul-Mod

Postby Paul-Mod » Thu May 16, 2013 10:19 am

Blood will form clots in the little spaces and kill your smooth muscle cells and rupture your little spaces. In other words, your penis will have a blow out. It hurts like hell. You'll never have an erection as long as you live. Other than that, they are no big deal.
You will know you are in trouble if your penis becomes harder, a bit smaller, and starts to ache like crazy. RUN to an emergency room. Run like hell! They see it all the time, no big deal for them. But if you want to save your penis, run.
Now, if you have been taking injections, your penis does NOT need to be back to its small flaccid state by four hours. As long as it's going down, you should be OK. If it is bendable, etc, blood is flowing. But a rock-hard erection at four hours is time to act quickly.

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu May 16, 2013 4:45 pm

A hard penis that is cold to the touch is also a sign of blood not flowing in and out.

G
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

paperboy48

Postby paperboy48 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:54 pm

I was having somewhat similar situations, prolonged erections. I went to the emergency room twice. Finally, my URO prescribed me injections of phenylephrine. So now when I'm done, I give myself another shot to bring the ol' buy back down.

GaryRN

Postby GaryRN » Mon May 20, 2013 2:21 pm

No blood flow in and out of penis= priapism. Left untreated= gangrene=amputation.

Return to “General Discussion”