The "Frightened Turtle" syndrome . . .

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
David_R

Re: The "Frightened Turtle" syndrome . . .

Postby David_R » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:17 am

ddbryan1972 wrote:Now with my implant....

I have a friend whose penis "turtled" after his prostatectomy, but it "un-turtled" after he got an implant. (One of the nice side effects of an implant is that your penis no longer shrinks up in the cold.) :D

PeetyPeet

Postby PeetyPeet » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:06 am

I believe acquired turtling is due to a loss of flexibility of the erectile tissue. If RP or otherwise has denied you a normal amount of quality nocturnal erections, it would make sense that the smooth muscle of the erectile tissue would tighten up.

Andy425

Postby Andy425 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:32 pm

PeetyPeet wrote:I believe acquired turtling is due to a loss of flexibility of the erectile tissue. If RP or otherwise has denied you a normal amount of quality nocturnal erections, it would make sense that the smooth muscle of the erectile tissue would tighten up.

That's the third theory I've heard. The other two: 1) When the prostate is removed, the urethra is shorter and the surgeon has to pull it up and re-attach it to the bladder, thus tending to pull the penis back inside itself.

2) It is just the result of a reaction to all the nerve damage that is done during an RP.

But the last I knew, there was no consensus from the medical community on this. Number one I might buy, but it seems it would be temporary and the tissues would eventually stretch and balance things out. But I'm no doctor.

It could be a combination of all of them. :?: Or something else.
RP in 2012 because of prostate cancer. 100% ED, also some leakage problems.

PeetyPeet

Postby PeetyPeet » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:46 am

Andy425 wrote:

Yes, I see your point. Just out of interest, did your turtling happen overnight following your RP or was a gradual thing?

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:09 am

Guys,
Mine would 'turtle' or 'button dick' until I stretched it out especially at a urinal. :( :( Turtles aren't allowed in Implant Land! You will never see one. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Andy425

Postby Andy425 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:09 am

PeetyPeet wrote:
Andy425 wrote:

Yes, I see your point. Just out of interest, did your turtling happen overnight following your RP or was a gradual thing?

Who knows? I had a catheter in for 8 days, so that doesn't count. My dick was totally confused for a long time as to what it should do. I guess it was saying "Goodbye, cruel world," and hibernated. Still is, almost 5 years later, although not quite as bad as it was, lol. :?:

RP in 2012 because of prostate cancer. 100% ED, also some leakage problems.

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:45 am

Mine has been very short when soft all my life, although erection used to be normal size (serious grower). Since I have gained about 80 Lbs. over the years, the turtle effect has taken hold. I can feel it, and it is annoying beyond belief.

My Titan is scheduled for this Friday 2/3/17, and I am hoping so much that you guys are right about no turtles in Bionic Dickland.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:53 pm

headout2000,
Your gonna love your much bigger dick! An erection on demand is amazing.
Keep us posted after your implant. 8-) 8-) 8-) Post your journal on Implants.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:17 pm

headout2000 wrote:My Titan is scheduled for this Friday 2/3/17, and I am hoping so much that you guys are right about no turtles in Bionic Dickland.

My friends who had turtles before-implant did not have them with an implant. I hope the same thing works out for you! :)

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Day 7 after implant, and the difference turtlewise is unbelievable. I will post an account of my journey, no pictures, but circumcision is involved as well.

Return to “General Discussion”