ED caused by chronic prostatitis?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
tifton44

ED caused by chronic prostatitis?

Postby tifton44 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:39 am

I have an enlarged prostate and chronic prostatitis. Because of my prostatitis, my PSA level bounces up and down. In the past 2 or 3 years it has gone as high as 7.5 and then back down to 3.5 or 4.0. I have been concerned about cancer, but my urologist keeps saying the prostatitis is the cause. He says that if it is cancer, it would be a steady increase, and NOT go down some of the time. I take Cipro antibiotic for about 30 days (use to take it for 14 days), and my prostatitis gets better. Then a month or two later it returns, so I don't believe the antibiotic has knocked it out completely.

I stumbled over a website Saturday (fertilitysolutions.com in NYC) that had information about chronic prostatitis and it mentioned that this can cause the prostate to enlarge and cause ED problems, plus possibly more problems. At the Laboratory they treat patients with transrectal injections and get the antibiotic directly into the prostate. It makes sense that after they do all the cultures for bacteria, they make an antibiotic cocktail that is 1000 times more potent injected at the spot of the bacteria rather than giving you the pills that go all over the body.

Sorry this is so long, but has anyone had any experience with this or do you know anything about the Laboratory and its reputation?

Return to “General Discussion”