The physical and the psychological - remedies from an "old" guy

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Sunset999

The physical and the psychological - remedies from an "old" guy

Postby Sunset999 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:55 pm

Greetings gents. I joined this site in the possible hope that I might help even one guy here. I have experienced ED, though I never called it that, off and on in my sometimes wild-life life and I have two major things to say about what the remedies were. Even reading just a few posts here I can see that there are a LOT of other physio-phenomena that I haven't experienced or suffered from and so I won't pretend to be condescending about anything someone has gone through that I haven't...I'll just lay it out. Important background: I'm 66 now, trim (about 168lbs), still energetic as hell, no woman at the moment (two marriages and a string of other unbalanced women have made me a bit reluctant to give up the peace I have just now), eat VERY light, almost zero carbs, fast 2-3 times a week, light cals every day, can get smashed on 1/2 bottle of beer (ya, 1/2 bottle no lie), raised one kid, and I am at least blessed with only one nut (instead of none) my whole life. The other one never dropped and I had to have surgery when I was about 12 to make sure I didn't get an infection, etc. Started drinking at 16 along with a lot of other pills and weed, was probably a confirmed alcoholic by 19 or so, graduated to much harder drugs and needles at 20, and was totally trashed by 26 and quit everything cold except drinking, which I carried on with on a lighter basis until 41 when I discovered I had hep C and had probably had it for about 35 years. Liver made it to Stage 4 cirrhosis, got cured 10 years ago and now I'm a total lightweight like I said, but feel and bounce around like a 30 year old, and I still work full time doing analyst work from my sofa. All this background I think is important because of what my #1 "fix" was/is:

1 - when the liver disease got cured, within about a month, or less, of the virus being killed (remember, I was 57), I started getting hard-ons with the sort of pain and hardness that I remembered when I was...15? I don't know. But what I do know is that beyond about 30 years old, my staying power in bed started sliding down and down and down. By the time I was ready to get on the hep C treatment (actually had two go-rounds of it 10 years apart), it was sort of a standing (or maybe "unstanding") joke between me and my ex-wife that I could give her about 10 minutes and that was it. I would get all revved and heading towards the big O and then, just fade like I'd run 5 miles or something. Needless to say after the liver, which was still more or less stage-4 condition (though starting to regenerate very slowly) started getting a break from all the drying-up from the disease I could go at it for way longer than that, until boredom or satisfaction set in. Splitting up with her about 5 years ago, I then hooked up with another babe who was voluptuous and also crazy, but during the 3 years or so that it lasted, I swear I had more sex with her, for hours at a time, that I'd probably had in the last 10-15 years. I couldn't believe it. But this brings me to my major #2 "fix", which is...

2- you have to really like the girl. This should seem obvious but I recognized this very early on in my 20's. I have tried to make it with whores in moments of despair and in spite of the worthless scorn that some guys may have for not being able to get it up for a good looking whore, I just never could get with it for them in a real straight-animal way because I had no "friend" connection with them. Maybe if I'd been really smashed I could have, but I doubt it. I noticed also that the more alienated from fighting or whatever that I became from wife/s, the less I could ever get it up for them. Conversely, even if I was tired or a little sauced (which sometimes just helps take the nervousness off to relax and do it), I could always get it up and go with my most recent babe and one or two before her because she was always fun, made me laugh, etc, even if we'd had a huge fight the day before. And believe me in my younger years I was so psychologically shaky in general from being such a nervous sucker that I had to drink a lot to be able to relax with any woman [stat I read: about 50% of young people in general have to have alcohol to relax enough to be able to even talk to the opposite sex].

So there you have it. Some would think at my age and all the b.s. I've been through that the sex thing should be fading physically, especially with only 1/2 the testosterone blast from only half a pair down there, but I get annoying full-blown hard-ons just about every morning still, sometimes so bad I have to wank just to be able to concentrate on getting work. I am not b.s.'ing anyone one word about any of this. I wish I could be lying, especially about all the horrible stuff I went through with hep C and the treatment, but it's all true. So before you do anything else, if you haven't already, CLEAN UP YER DAMN LIVER. Stop with the fast food, the excess alcohol, and whatever over/under counter drugs you're doing, do some intense liver cleanses, try some regular fasting as the amount of water you have to drink to do fasting correctly will reeely clean you up (I keep a water bottle charged all the time, with a little powdered Vit C mixed in at all times). Also very good for the mental discipline and state of mind once you get used to it, it's why people have been doing it for centuries. Vitamin E is also very good for the blood flow. And get a girlfriend/wife that you really like/love. And you might just notice a big difference. You don't have to get to stage-4 cirrhosis and back out of it to unclog your liver and get the blood flowing through it well again. That was just something self-destructive that I had to try out haha. As a final tag, I would also suggest getting a little educated on the philosophical side of things, namely in the department of "you have to waste it before you can really have it". I read a post on a guy-site once where the dude probably unwittingly hit the nail of one of the eternal rules of the universe as he said something like "to really be able to get a woman you have to not give a f**k about having a woman". This is very abstract of course, but I found that, after much mental exercising of the idea, when I was able to not care whether I got it up for someone or not that, whoa, there is was. And that was when I was a lot younger. There is way too much grab for instant/constant gratification in this bent society. Getting in a state of mind of not having to always want or have things is a real strength. Mind over body. None of this of course discounts any severe physical conditions that other guys are having to endure that are affecting their hard-ons. I just stand by the above, that's all.

Enough blab. I hope this all helps someone. Cheers.

Anonymous FT Member

Re: The physical and the psychological - remedies from an "old" guy

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:44 pm

I'm glad you got fixed up and living healthier now. Your message is good advice. Do you have a recommendation for liver cleanse?

Randalltx

Postby Randalltx » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:38 pm

Glad you are still with us.You are right on about the liver. Watch those kidneys too.
76yo, ED Venuous Leak since age 40. South Texas location.
02/09/2023 24 CM Titan Dr. Hofer, Stone Oak Meth San Antonio.
@OEM 7.5L x 6.0/Flaccid 2.0L x 6.0 (Grower)
@8 months 7.50L x 6.0/Flaccid 6.0L x 6.0
@14 months 7.50L x 7.25/Flaccid 6.0L x 6.0

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:17 pm

All good advice! I'm sure you're going to bring some guys back into their sex lives.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Return to “General Discussion”