Prostate cancer diagnosis?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Martin6469

Prostate cancer diagnosis?

Postby Martin6469 » Sat May 20, 2023 5:26 pm

My newspaper had a medical horror story. A guy tested positive for prostate cancer after his core samples were sent to a lab. To be on the safe side, he got a second opinion, and the answer was the same: you have cancer. Upon removal, the prostate was fine! Well, the core samples were somehow contaminated with someone else's cancer tissue before getting to the first lab, or maybe in the lab. The second urologist and pathologist used the same core samples.

Core sampling is said to be a little painful, but I think if I'm ever diagnosed positive, I'll get new cores, a second urologist, and second pathologist.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

1day2Bbionic

Re: Prostate cancer diagnosis?

Postby 1day2Bbionic » Sat May 20, 2023 5:49 pm

thanks for the heads up....I may be going down this road soon and that information may be extremely useful.

Lost Sheep

Re: Prostate cancer diagnosis?

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat May 20, 2023 10:30 pm

I have a positive prostate biopsy. I won't be getting a second biopsy but will be getting a PSMA scan (which detects metastasis of prostate cancer and at the same time would confirm PCa within the prostate.

It seems extremely odd that they would take man's prostate without some corroborating evidence. Usually a biopsy is not performed unless there is some other evidence (rising PSA levels, lumpy prostate revealed by the digital rectal exam, urinary indications)

Yes a biopsy is a little painful. About like a bee sting. But unless you have ever been stung inside your ass, you have no idea. 17 times. :shock:
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “General Discussion”