Sclerotherapy/embolization after Gollam's story?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
returntocenter

Sclerotherapy/embolization after Gollam's story?

Postby returntocenter » Tue May 16, 2023 11:49 am

Hi,

I have a venous leak and I'm looking to test every other potential solution to my ED before going for the implant. One of those options is sclerotherapy/embolization surgery. Dr. Kably in Miami offers it. I was considering it, but then I re-read Gollam's story (viewtopic.php?t=7763) and I remembered that that surgery is what ruined his sexual function for good. Here are the highlights from his story about the effects of the surgery:

- By day 5 EVERYTHING got really weird and I felt a bulge and sharp pain during an erection, my erection collapsed and this was the start of my life falling apart.

- I could no longer obtain regular spontaneous elections for some reason... my appendage felt cold when it didn't previously.

- ...it took longer to get aroused for sex and masturbation had become difficult.

- I met another man from Austria (rocco84) who is 32 and had Scerothreapy in January, this man had no issues apart from first date anxiety but yet Herwig took his money and performed his life changing miricle surgery. He is now impotent at 32 and his life destroyed before he even started a family. A third man not to be named committed suicide 4 years ago after he had the same surgery with Herwig and Kuehhas.

We need to keep in mind that Gollam had had a venous ligation surgery done on him previously which could have increased his risk of complications, but that is not the case with the other two people who had the procedure with Herwig. Also, Herwig did all three surgeries. Is the problem just the surgeon, just the surgery, or both? I'm not sure.

My question is: given this information, do you guys think I should even be considering sclerotherapy/embolization as an option? The last thing I want is to end up worse off than I was before, with less bloodflow to the area, pain, or whatever it might be. Maybe I should exhaust traditional options and go for an implant if that fails, skipping sclerotherapy. Please let me know what you think.
Last edited by returntocenter on Tue May 16, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
26 y/o. Physiogenic ED.
Tried pills, injections, shockwave therapy, rings, healthy lifestyle, alternative meds.

Implant T-Shirts: https://www.bionicbrothers.store
ED Discord: https://discord.gg/tdtu7WTa4a
Pump: https://tinyurl.com/57buc55e

wolfpacker

Re: Sclerotherapy after Gollam's story?

Postby wolfpacker » Tue May 16, 2023 11:52 am

I would absolutely not consider sclerotherapy.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

s7utty

Postby s7utty » Tue May 16, 2023 12:06 pm

returntocenter wrote:Hi,

I have a venous leak and I'm looking to test every other potential solution to my ED before going for the implant. One of those options is sclerotherapy/embolization surgery. Dr. Kably in Miami offers it. I was considering it, but then I re-read Gollam's story (viewtopic.php?t=7763) and I remembered that that surgery is what ruined his sexual function for good. Here are the highlights from his story about the effects of the surgery:

- By day 5 EVERYTHING got really weird and I felt a bulge and sharp pain during an erection, my erection collapsed and this was the start of my life falling apart.

- I could no longer obtain regular spontaneous elections for some reason... my appendage felt cold when it didn't previously.

- ...it took longer to get aroused for sex and masturbation had become difficult.

- I met another man from Austria (rocco84) who is 32 and had Scerothreapy in January, this man had no issues apart from first date anxiety but yet Herwig took his money and performed his life changing miricle surgery. He is now impotent at 32 and his life destroyed before he even started a family. A third man not to be named committed suicide 4 years ago after he had the same surgery with Herwig and Kuehhas.

We need to keep in mind that Gollam had had a venous ligation surgery done on him previously which could have increased his risk of complications, but that is not the case with the other two people who had the procedure with Herwig. Also, Herwing did all three surgeries. Is the problem just the surgeon, just the surgery, or both? I'm not sure.

My question is: given this information, do you guys think I should even be considering sclerotherapy as an option? The last thing I want is to end up worse off than I was before, with less bloodflow to the area, pain, or whatever it might be. Maybe I should exhaust traditional options and go for an implant if that fails, skipping sclerotherapy. Please let me know what you think.

Dear Tiramisu bro, as I said u already in discord - avoid sclerotherapy. you can perform just embolization. its safe. worst thing about this is only a fact it may not help at all. but it wont make it worse for sure.

Regards
28 years old. some form of ED always with me entire life.
///
19th May 22' - doppler, 10mcg PGE1, good inflow, terrible outflow (EDV) of 15cm/s.
Currently about to visit Paris to dr Allaire seeking for further help.

returntocenter

Postby returntocenter » Tue May 16, 2023 12:41 pm

s7utty wrote:

We need to keep in mind that Gollam had had a venous ligation surgery done on him previously which could have increased his risk of complications, but that is not the case with the other two people who had the procedure with Herwig. Also, Herwing did all three surgeries. Is the problem just the surgeon, just the surgery, or both? I'm not sure.

My question is: given this information, do you guys think I should even be considering sclerotherapy as an option? The last thing I want is to end up worse off than I was before, with less bloodflow to the area, pain, or whatever it might be. Maybe I should exhaust traditional options and go for an implant if that fails, skipping sclerotherapy. Please let me know what you think.

Dear Tiramisu bro, as I said u already in discord - avoid sclerotherapy. you can perform just embolization. its safe. worst thing about this is only a fact it may not help at all. but it wont make it worse for sure.

Regards

Hey,

How have you concluded that embolization can't leave you any worse? Surely there have to be at least some theoretical complications that could happen. Can you share any studies or sources you've read that show what you're saying?

I guess I could hypothetically just request embolization, but Kably mentioned his default approach was to use both embolization and sclerotherapy together. He may want to stick to that approach.

Doctors also claimed that sclerotherapy was perfectly safe and "could leave you no worse than how you started", yet look at what happened to Gollam and the other two guys. I haven't found accounts of someone doing embolization for a venous leak, so we're going into this blind.
26 y/o. Physiogenic ED.
Tried pills, injections, shockwave therapy, rings, healthy lifestyle, alternative meds.

returntocenter

Postby returntocenter » Tue May 16, 2023 12:43 pm

For anyone wondering what the difference between embolization and sclerotherapy is, this video can help start to clear things up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12401JzW8Dw
26 y/o. Physiogenic ED.

returntocenter

Postby returntocenter » Tue May 16, 2023 5:21 pm

wolfpacker wrote:I would absolutely not consider sclerotherapy.

What about embolization? Do you consider them separately or not really?
26 y/o. Physiogenic ED.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Wed May 17, 2023 6:29 am

returntocenter wrote:
wolfpacker wrote:I would absolutely not consider sclerotherapy.

What about embolization? Do you consider them separately or not really?

I haven't heard of good results coming from either surgery. So no I wouldn't want that one either
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

AntonS

Re: Sclerotherapy/embolization after Gollam's story?

Postby AntonS » Fri May 19, 2023 4:20 am

We need to keep in mind that Gollam had had a venous ligation surgery done on him previously which could have increased his risk of complications, but that is not the case with the other two people who had the procedure with Herwig. Also, Herwig did all three surgeries. Is the problem just the surgeon, just the surgery, or both? I'm not sure.

My question is: given this information, do you guys think I should even be considering sclerotherapy/embolization as an option? The last thing I want is to end up worse off than I was before, with less bloodflow to the area, pain, or whatever it might be. Maybe I should exhaust traditional options and go for an implant if that fails, skipping sclerotherapy. Please let me know what you think.

embolization has a temporary effect, but only if it is performed by access through the arm or leg. in the event that access is through the dorsal vein with its ligation, it becomes even worse than it was before. I have spoken to many people who have embolized both through the arm and through the dorsal vein. This will either help temporarily or not at all. if through the dorsal vein with its ligation, then it will definitely get worse. There is a person who made 3 embolizations, after which he placed an implant. how are you with tablets, if you drink tadalafil 5-10 mg daily?

returntocenter

Postby returntocenter » Fri May 19, 2023 3:56 pm

AntonS wrote:

embolization has a temporary effect, but only if it is performed by access through the arm or leg. in the event that access is through the dorsal vein with its ligation, it becomes even worse than it was before. I have spoken to many people who have embolized both through the arm and through the dorsal vein. This will either help temporarily or not at all. if through the dorsal vein with its ligation, then it will definitely get worse. There is a person who made 3 embolizations, after which he placed an implant. how are you with tablets, if you drink tadalafil 5-10 mg daily?

Insightful comment, thank you AntonS. If I can ask, where/how did you come into contact with these embolizations patients? It would be amazing to be able to speak to one and ask more questions. Did the person who did 3 embolizations have any complications from those embolizations?

Pills don't work for me. Still can't have normal sex.
26 y/o. Physiogenic ED.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri May 19, 2023 4:40 pm

What wolfpacker said...
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “General Discussion”