Neurogenic Bladder and Implant

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
cltz2022

Neurogenic Bladder and Implant

Postby cltz2022 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:47 am

Help me gurus.
I have neurogenic bladder causing retention due to an injury.
I can still pee (extreme difficult starting, cant expel urine, just drrible 20-30ml at a time, muliples a day.)

In severe days I can only urinate after trying hours about 200-300ml after 4 L of water.

failed all tests, they see average 60-80 ml so not a catether eligible cuz needs to be >100ml.

But medical stars >100 in 65 years older
Under 65 post-residial below 0-20 is nomal esp my age 40.

Somedays it is a struggle I am in washroom hours a day. Crusome....

My erection after injury does not feel the same and diagonsed for arterial diffeciy.

Depsite all of this would I be eligible to get an implant?? I read neurological and unable to void is contraindicadtions to getting an implant.

1) Anyone with urinary retention due to neruologic bladder gotten penile implant??

2) Is it still hard to urinate?

3) any one use catheter daily along with implants?

Any inputs are sincerely appreciated

jisherwood

Re: Neurogenic Bladder and Implant

Postby jisherwood » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:36 pm

I have an implant and also cath 24/7. I have what is called a neobladder, had my bladder removed in December or 2017 due to bladder cancer. Lots of fun. I’m 65 and went bionic in June of 2019. Lost prostate when bladder was removed along with 27 lymph nodes. Surgery was at university of Washington for both.
Has anyone told you why you are retaining urine? I take it you have spoken to your urologist about retaining. Still won’t give you a catheter to at least try it.
64yrs, nerve sparring surgery Dec'17, neobladder with prostate removal because of bladder cancer, gave up on trimix, became bionic with AMS 700 CX June 2019. :ugeek:

Return to “General Discussion”