Any success cases for treating venous leak?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
s7utty

Re: Any success cases for treating venous leak?

Postby s7utty » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:53 am

25yearsold wrote:I will answer briefly;
No ct done, its not necessary, doctors always target main big veins, procedure is same in all patients, not case by case
My doc was optimistic before intervention, but reluctant afterwards for repeating procedure
I was 26, pills were not working well
No morning erections
Loss of length was temporary and not a big deal (now easy to say, but it was scary and kinda depressing then), i guess scarred veins were retracting the penis, as the scar tissue (inside the veins) caused by embolization softened, retraction disappeared and penile length restored. My doctor told me i can do traction to fasten the process but i didnt do any traction and it restored itself anyway. (In 2-3 months time)
Embolization had some positive effect at first then it vanished, i dont know why. But its the way it is if you look at the articles or anectodal patient experiences on forums. Initial improvement then gradual decrease (for some in weeks, for others in months)
It can be repeated if it is technically possible, in my case it probably isnt. Because i had a doppler last year and i was told my dorsal vein is mostly occluded and there is very little flow there. So it wouldnt be possible for doctors to enter my vein and embolize it one more time.
And my ED is now probably at its worst, even though my vein is mostly occluded. So embolizing, ligating, cutting, stripping or whatever you do for stopping flow in your veins, is not the key for overcoming venous leak unfortunately, at least in most cases. Thats why it is abondoned by most urologists and experimental for the remaining few.

So, in my opinion both venous leak surgery and embolization is not curative in long term in most cases. They both may have serious side effects, but risk is much greater in surgery. (Especially nerve damage, scarring and permanent length loss)

Thanks for detailed answer. Im currently experiencing morning or nighttime erections all the time as I started controlling my hormones. Their hardness/stiffness leaves much to be desired.
My biggest concert for now is that without stimulation erections are fading away. Sometimes I can hold erection and stimulate myself when im standing and somedays when i stood up and still stimulated im gradually losing hardness and dick is bigger/puffier but soft. I think for this moment I will just undergo CT cavernosography. I wont be doing any surgeries if I can ger hard without pills and pills do work very good, there is too much risk to take from what I hear from others.
I dont know what is my problem...
Thanks once again
28 years old. some form of ED always with me entire life.
///
19th May 22' - doppler, 10mcg PGE1, good inflow, terrible outflow (EDV) of 15cm/s.
Currently about to visit Paris to dr Allaire seeking for further help.

curious_ed

Re: Any success cases for treating venous leak?

Postby curious_ed » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:04 am

Thanks for the info, 25yearsold. So looks like venous leak surgery and embolization are both quite risky, efficacy for them to work well is anyways quite low. I guess then gotta follow the normal course of pills, injections and penile implant :| Did you get an implant or are considering?

S7utty, came across slightly older thread on the forums, thought to share: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7141&hilit=hemorrhoids

Return to “General Discussion”