Resuming gym workouts

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
bulldog81

Resuming gym workouts

Postby bulldog81 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:46 am

I’m new to this forum… scheduled for implant surgery Feb 6,2023… I do weights 3x per week and cardio(running or biking) 3x per week…. Are there any active members that can tell me how long before you could resume working out and how you eased back into the routine?

robcb1

Re: Resuming gym workouts

Postby robcb1 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:44 pm

Hey Bulldog, wishing you the best on your surgery next week. I had the same exercise questions. Every doctor is different, but I was told not to lift anything weighing more than 20 lbs or exercise at all until my followup visit. That visit happened exactly three weeks after my surgery. I was cleared to cycle, have intercourse and begin light exercising at three weeks, all of which I did. I gradually went back to my six-day-a-week workouts, and at six weeks, I was doing everything again, including lifting and all kinds of cardio work. That protocol worked great for me, but I would recommend you do everything your doctor tells you to do. He/she knows best for your particular case. And we all heal differently. It’s been almost six months since my surgery, and I’m loving life!
Implanted 8/23/22. Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE’s, infrapubic. Married 40 years.

bulldog81

Postby bulldog81 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:59 pm

That’s really encouraging to hear and I appreciate your prompt reply! My doc did give me the 20 lb limit in pre-op discussion and said we’d see how the healing process goes as far as getting back into my exercise regimen. Along with nervousness about the surgery itself, I worked diligently over the last 14 months to lose a significant amount of weight and get my 63 yr old body back in shape so being sedentary for 6 weeks also makes me nervous. I know everyone is different but it’s encouraging to hear your experience both with the surgery and your recovery!

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:41 pm

20 lbs??? My doc gave me a 10 lb. limit:(, either way, I read on here in my down time...no kids or pets in same room with you, lol. Even after I was given the all clear, I still was leary of the pets...chihuahua and poodle.
I was given 8 weeks, but just watch the squatting. If you are going with the 3-piece, remember you have a reservoir in your belly.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:57 am

Hey, as i write you are 4 days into your implant journey! How about an update? Please consider starting a thread in the "implant" section since that section is very implant focused, I rarely come to this page as i suspect others do as well.

Yes, dropping out of the gym sucks. I'm 63 and stay pretty buff for a senior citizen (who, me?). Today I am 5 weeks post op and expect the go-ahead to return to the gym in the coming week. It was kind of embarrassing early on to ask the checkout boy at the grocery store to load the groceries (including cases of water/beer, etc), but no way was i taking any chances on my personal 20 pound limit early on. I just said "look, i know i look strong but i just had some surgery and can't lift much right now, so...if you don't mind". This was a silly thing, ego driven, to worry about, and those kids were nothing but respectful and kind.

I live alone and being idle for several weeks really sucked. I barely left the house, and got lazy on my diet too. I can see the result in the mirror and am resolved to right the ship beginning this week. In a month I'll be in Thailand to see my girlfriend and inaugurate the new bionic me, and I fully intend to be in better shape. I always say that the heaviest weight I will lift is my ass off the couch after a long layoff. But i'm ready. Will start ridiculously light....20 min of elliptical, light weight on machines...then transition with time and confidence to longer cardio and free weights again.

One thing I did do was WALK! My doctor did say he wanted me up and walking around. At about week 3 i began walking a mile, twice daily, and am now walking about 3 miles a day. I figure this can only be good not only for general health but also it keeps things moving and shifting in the scrotum. Don't want any part of the machinery getting stuck.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Return to “General Discussion”