Making decisions regarding salvage radiation therapy

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Jatesvich

Making decisions regarding salvage radiation therapy

Postby Jatesvich » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:10 am

I had robotic radical prostatectomy in April 2019 with Gleason Score of 7, clear margins, and unilateral nerve sparing. Since surgery I now have no problems with incontinence, and using Trimix injection (12 units) has work well for the ED. First year post-operation the PSA was non-detectable, but it has over the last two years inched up to 0.25. Doctor recently prescribed a bone scan and a PET scan, both of which were negative. Doctor now suggests salvage radiation therapy, to radiate the prostate bed and lymph nodes. He also suggests that ADT would increase the effectiveness of radiation treatment by about 10%. The ultimate decision is up to me. I read and heard horrible things about ADT on the quality of life. Because I believe I am in the low to intermediate risk category I am considering doing the SRT without the ADT, or even to wait awhile longer (about six months) to see how much my PSA levels change first. Any thoughts or suggestions from you guys on the forum?

ftwabeck3533

Re: Making decisions regarding salvage radiation therapy

Postby ftwabeck3533 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:27 am

Jatesvich wrote:Any thoughts or suggestions from you guys on the forum?

I have some suggestions....best delivered directly to you. Please contact me via Private Message.
Born 1955, Erectile Dysfunction, Robotic Prostatectomy (Oct 2018, Dr Bugg @ UCA, Birmingham, AL), PSA<0.007, Trimix User (30 mg Papaverine HCL, 1 mg Phentolamine MES, 10 mcg Alprostadil per 1 ML. My dose is 0.16 ML)

Return to “General Discussion”