Searching for a new doctor/medical professional

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
pellis0383

Searching for a new doctor/medical professional

Postby pellis0383 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:26 pm

I typically go to a urologist for my ED issues. Since my doctor that I would see went to a new practice, I am getting the same response/experience from the NP that took his place. I am currently looking for a new doctor, but had questions. With my insurance, it looks like most of the clinics they recommend are licensed therapists and 1 or 2 urologists that are not close by. Has any of you all had any success with a licensed therapist treating your ED? I am open to going to a therapist, but my ignorance makes me feel like I would be wasting my co-pays with a licensed therapist instead of going to a Uro.

Open to any and all opinions
TIA

GoodWood

Re: Searching for a new doctor/medical professional

Postby GoodWood » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:16 pm

I guess it depends which head you are treating, the big one or the little one.

Nothing wrong with therapy. I’ve found it helpful at various times. I got some help talking with a therapist I was seeing about my ED and how it fit in with the stress I was under at the time.

But in general my ED seems to be physiological in nature. Bad enough venous leak to make firm erections difficult. I’m need a urologist adept at men’s sexual health. My primary care doc recommended someone good.

There is also a doctor finder function here in the site. See if that turns up anything in your area.

If you share where you live, guys here may have recommendations as well. I can recommend docs in NYC if that is any help.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:18 pm

I'm curious about the same questions the OP has. Any recommendations in Ohio?

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:00 pm

Guys looking for MDs might check healthgrades.com was well as Frank Talk's doctor finder. I've not used Healthgrades, but they have star ratings and patient comments (not all good) like the Better Business Bureau. I notice that they break Urology into its subspecialties.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Return to “General Discussion”