I have peyronie disease

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
oifsps

I have peyronie disease

Postby oifsps » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:23 pm

I didn t know it till I recently started taking injections and was able to observe myself with an erection for the first time in a year or so. I didnt know what it was but I thought it angled upward oddly and looked it up. I d read about it associated with ed, but for some reason I thought it was a sideways curve.
Anyhow, I posted about my situation in the intro posts and on this board, but in short, the erectile dysfunction has been getting worse in the last two years, I associated it to stress and depression from ptsd, it could still be that but anyhow, now that I know I have peyronie disease, what am I looking at? Implant for certain? Any potential the peyronie disease could be the biggest reason for erectile dysfunction, and if corrected could solve it? Will I likely have to try meds for that and put solving the ed problem aside for now?
This is discouraging. It makes me feel worse about erectile dysfunction.
The only good thought is that I was just going to go with an implant from the start when I can afford it and forgo the time spent on other alternatives, so it could be this is just confirmation that that s what I should do.

Matthew

Re: I have peyronie disease

Postby Matthew » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:44 am

I would get confirmation from a URO that it definitely is peyroines. If it is only a minor angle, I would look at other options besides implant FIRST. Personally, I would not recommend surgery outside of implant. ALl you are doing is shortening it through plication and adding bigger ed issues. I had a 90 degree angle and it caused ED. My URO and another confirmed an implant was my only solution. Tell you what, I am amazed at how things turned out other than pump location in scrotum. Peyroines can be progressive and sometimes the longer you wait, the more plaque build up and shorter penis to work with.

BrooksBro

Postby BrooksBro » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Peyronie's takes one of three courses: it gets better, it stays the same, or it gets worse. ALL urologists think they know how to effectively treat Peyronie's. The reality is that few of them do. First, get your urologist to tell you that you have it, and then ask him if he had it, who would he go see for treatment.

My ED preceded Peyronie's. I tried oral medications, I tried traction (mechanical stretching), I tried VED therapy, and I tried verapamil injections. Plication surgery to reduce (probably not eliminate) my 90 degree upward curve is 10/25. Getting the curve reduced is not going to improve my venous leakage.

I found great help from the Peryonie's Disease Society - http://www.peyroniesforum.net
Age 59, married 24 years, ED 7 years, Peyronies 3 years with venous leakage. Dr. Larry Lipshultz, Baylor, Houston TX.

oifsps

Postby oifsps » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:10 pm

I appreciate the comments Matthew and BrooksBro, and the site you posted, I m scheduling an appointment with the va urologist. I agree about not having surgery unless its for an implant, at least that s what Im thinking. Thats good the implant turned out good for you Matthew, what implant did you get and what dr.? Best to you on your surgery BrooksBro to. Hopefully it s successful.

Return to “General Discussion”