ED & high cholesterol

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Mazzio

ED & high cholesterol

Postby Mazzio » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:49 am

High cholesterol corrupts arteries and weakens blood flow.
"Too much bad cholesterol (also known as LDL) in the bloodstream creates arterial plaque that damages and blocks blood flow. These blockages will result to inadequate circulation of blood throughout the system including the penis and genital area. As a result, erection problems occur."

High cholesterol is treated with statins. Has anybody got improvement to erections after taking statins?
65 yrs, had venous leak all my life, sildenafil and other pills don't work anymore properly, using Caverject with pills.

Gt1956

Re: ED & high cholesterol

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:24 pm

I'll tell of my experience. At 40 I was on blood pressure meds. I started at around age 50 with super high triglycerides. My understanding is that it is a blood lipid similar to cholesterol. My doctor at the time was treating me with super high doses of niacin. Yes my levels did come down but after a few months my body would fight the niacin & my levels would creep up a bit after falling quite a bit at first. After I had lab work done one time. My reqular doctor wasn't availabe so I took an appointment with his partner. Of course I got the report that my levels had increased after the initial drop. I wasn't happy because large doese of niacin are horrible. The new doc said nope to the niacin & gave me a drug related to niacin. This started my path to fairly normal triglyceride levels. I do take generic Crestor. I might also take another one but I'm not sure.
My health treatments went from high blood pressure to statins, sleep apnea & finally type two diabetes.
I can't point to a single one of them that cured my ED. Not even improved my ED. Even the ED drugs weren't very helpful.
My conclusion, at least in my life. These treatments are great for extending my life but do not help with ED. I do know that some people are quick to say that they are good for ED. But I don't think any of them had ED inorder to know if the treatments helped. In my opinion they're just uninformed people with a quick opinion not based on real life results.
Control your blood fats for your own health & longevity.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

frank66665

Re: ED & high cholesterol

Postby frank66665 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:00 pm

Mazzio wrote:High cholesterol corrupts arteries and weakens blood flow.
"Too much bad cholesterol (also known as LDL) in the bloodstream creates arterial plaque that damages and blocks blood flow. These blockages will result to inadequate circulation of blood throughout the system including the penis and genital area. As a result, erection problems occur."

High cholesterol is treated with statins. Has anybody got improvement to erections after taking statins?

i had a heart attack in 2016 for triglycerides high over 800, now i take 3 omega 3 for triglycerides, statin for cholesterol and other stuff, i had onset of type 2 diabetes, i could not even eat bread but blood sugar splashed, since I do testosterone I can eat like I was normal, the bad cholesterone is always high, the other 2 are fine, I have a venous leak, I use the pills in high doses, for example 150 sildenafil or 30 vardenafil and they work enough discreetly, now he added proviron to me in cycles of 20 days and the pills have doubled the functioning but always with the same doses, I suspended for the second time the implant that I had scheduled for November 17th
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Return to “General Discussion”