Any nature lovers?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Anonymous FT Member

Re: Any nature lovers?

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:16 pm

Quester wrote:I love gardening, I grow peppers, tomatoes, Swiss Chard, zucchini, various herbs. This year on top for those I grew acorn and butternut squash.

I also grow peaches, pears, blackberries, and rhubarb. I find a diet high in my home grown vegetables during the summer months is fantastic. During the winter months I buy what I can’t store.

I try and avoid refined sugar and too many fats.

After my implant I have a new lease on life and want to wear it out.

Wow we grow many of the same things. I like to try new things, but sometimes lack the knowledge on how to cook or prepare something. I got some asian eggplant at the farmers market, and sadly I never ate it. It still looks okay, but I'm thinking it has to be old by now because it's been laying around for several weeks. About a year ago there were some volunteer acorn squash that must have been mixed in with something else. I didn't know what I wanted to do with those either and they went bad on me. Most of the time I try very hard not to waste anything.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:26 am

JimStars wrote:I have an enclosed pool and grow cannabis plants inside the fenced enclosure .. so it is often best to wear as little as possible while trimming and walking around the plants so no scents left on clothes.

So it all works out pretty well.. plus all over suntan of course…

Yeah, Tomatoes too.

J

Awesome! I used to grow cannabis indoors, but fighting bugs got too much.
I garden every year. There is a tomato plant I buy every year called Juliet Grape Tomatoes that produces a ton of 2-to-3-inch oblong tomatoes. One year I had a plant grow over 12 foot tall, over the roof and it produced tomatoes from early July until late November.
Other things I grow are peppers, cucumbers (both long and pickle ones), zucchini, and regular tomatoes. I've tried things like raspberry plants but had no luck. I also have two apple trees in the yard I planted 5 years ago. Have yet to get a decent crop of apples. I think they're jinxed. The year after I planted them we had a late spring ice storm, both were almost laying on the ground. The next year lots of buds but nothing developed. Year 3 another late frost killed off the apples that started, year 4 cicadas laid eggs in every single apple (that was the 17-year brood, they were thick). This year all the apples looked like they were bug infested and squirrels ate them.
I'm the cook at home. Now it's fall one of my favorite things is squash. Acorn or butternut, split in two, seeds cleaned out. I put them into a pan of shallow water, tsp of butter in the cavity, salt & pepper, cover with foil and bake at 350° for an hour. Today I'm going to make cucumber salad, sour cream, mayo, milk, onions, salt, pepper, parsley. That has to sit in the fridge for a day to marinate.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:59 pm

Old Guy wrote:
Awesome! I used to grow cannabis indoors, but fighting bugs got too much.
I garden every year. There is a tomato plant I buy every year called Juliet Grape Tomatoes that produces a ton of 2-to-3-inch oblong tomatoes. One year I had a plant grow over 12 foot tall, over the roof and it produced tomatoes from early July until late November.
Other things I grow are peppers, cucumbers (both long and pickle ones), zucchini, and regular tomatoes. I've tried things like raspberry plants but had no luck. I also have two apple trees in the yard I planted 5 years ago. Have yet to get a decent crop of apples. I think they're jinxed. The year after I planted them we had a late spring ice storm, both were almost laying on the ground. The next year lots of buds but nothing developed. Year 3 another late frost killed off the apples that started, year 4 cicadas laid eggs in every single apple (that was the 17-year brood, they were thick). This year all the apples looked like they were bug infested and squirrels ate them.
I'm the cook at home. Now it's fall one of my favorite things is squash. Acorn or butternut, split in two, seeds cleaned out. I put them into a pan of shallow water, tsp of butter in the cavity, salt & pepper, cover with foil and bake at 350° for an hour. Today I'm going to make cucumber salad, sour cream, mayo, milk, onions, salt, pepper, parsley. That has to sit in the fridge for a day to marinate.

Squirrels like to eat apples just to get the seeds. It's bad, I think they are messed up and maybe having difficulty finding nuts in some of our native nut trees. All the geoengineering going on and induced cold snaps sometimes freeze the nut trees. I like all the stuff you grow, and I like to grow them too. However I have a big problem with cucumber beetles. They always kill my cucumber vines before I can get any fruits. Sometimes if I'm lucky I might get to pick 2 before the vine dies.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:26 pm

PSSDorAmINormal wrote:
Squirrels like to eat apples just to get the seeds. It's bad, I think they are messed up and maybe having difficulty finding nuts in some of our native nut trees. All the geoengineering going on and induced cold snaps sometimes freeze the nut trees. I like all the stuff you grow, and I like to grow them too. However I have a big problem with cucumber beetles. They always kill my cucumber vines before I can get any fruits. Sometimes if I'm lucky I might get to pick 2 before the vine dies.

Yes, those darn squirrels! There's a whole forest down the street. Apples must be a delicacy.
Cucumbers this year took over the garden and kind of choked everything else out. One plant produced maybe 40 nice sized cucumbers. Maybe 10 more that didn't get picked in time and looked like small watermelons!
Nov. 8, 2019

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:27 pm

I have tried different varieties of cucumbers to grow, but still getting the same results. Basically the beetles kill them before I can pick anything

Thefarmer

Postby Thefarmer » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:54 pm

The handle I use should give it away. Been growing things all my life!
Age 71, diagnosed with prostate cancer 5 years ago. Had surgery and radiation to kill cancer cells. Have had problems with ED ever since. Pills worked ok for a while, Pumped but did not like the" choke hold" of the bands.. Trimix is great!

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:37 pm

Apparently there are studies showing that tomatoes have something, maybe a substance called lycopene, which reduces the chances of prostate cancer. Maybe it's true - I've had tomatoes and their sauce all my life, and my urologist says my prostate is in good shape. But other studies show no effect.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:21 pm

Martin6469 wrote:Apparently there are studies showing that tomatoes have something, maybe a substance called lycopene, which reduces the chances of prostate cancer. Maybe it's true - I've had tomatoes and their sauce all my life, and my urologist says my prostate is in good shape. But other studies show no effect.

I've eaten tomatoes all my life, grow them every year. Lately they have lost their appeal though.
As a kid I used to sneak a salt shaker and hide in aunt & uncle's garden.
My prostrate is fine, although my bladder is starting to wake me up earlier.
Nov. 8, 2019

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:58 pm

I enjoy good tomatoes from the garden. This year I grew something I think it was called Burpees Supersteack hybrid. But I like many types

Return to “General Discussion”