Can an MRI Worsen ED?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
kinggg

Can an MRI Worsen ED?

Postby kinggg » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:18 pm

Hi guys... can an MRI that scans the head cause ED or worsen someone's ED? Even though the MRI isn't targeting the groin area (in my case the head), I dont want it to disturb any issues in my brain since I have libido issues which as we all know emanates from the brain and not the groin.

Looking forward to your responses.

seekonk

Re: Can an MRI Worsen ED?

Postby seekonk » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:37 pm

No, absolutely not. It is absolutely non-invasive and it won’t affect your brain.

Take silicone earplugs with you though, the machine is hella loud and you need more than the ineffective little plastic earplugs they usually offer. But with proper earplugs, it’s kind of a relaxing experience.

Anonymous FT Member

Re: Can an MRI Worsen ED?

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:19 pm

I'm not a fan of injections and contrasts that can from what I understand linger in the body.

I remember inquiring about a scan I was about to receive of my head. The radiology technician did not do a very good job of reassuring me about the safety of the contrasts. She literally said something along the lines of I inject you and it goes straight to your brain.

Unless you have had problems before, or if your kidneys are really bad. You probably won't have any problems. MRI is magnetic resonnance imaging, so I wouldn't think there would be a direct or negative impact on your male reproductive system. As far as the brain goes, I do not know all the areas associated with sexual function or libido. Be informed and know what is being put inside your body and if it is necessary.

Return to “General Discussion”