Anyone here with an implant from the UK? Curious about your experience with the NHS

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Yopej619

Anyone here with an implant from the UK? Curious about your experience with the NHS

Postby Yopej619 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:58 am

Hi is there anyone here who is willing to share their experiences with having an implant on the NHS in the UK?

I am mostly interested in how long the waiting time was for the surgery and your experiences with how the urologist dealt with you in terms of time between appointments and treatments. Did they make you try everything else before the implant? Where they supportive of you getting the implant or did they try and talk you out of it? I get the feeling the NHS will be reluctant to do it because of the cost so just looking for some reassurance I suppose.

Thanks for reading
30 years old, had ED and PE for as long as I can remember. Lost many chances at relationships. Finally getting help. Awaiting appointment with urologist after penile Doppler ultrasound. Hope to get an implant eventually to solve both my issues.

Bluewhippet

Re: Anyone here with an implant from the UK? Curious about your experience with the NHS

Postby Bluewhippet » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:19 am

I am much older than you. I was 75 when implanted almost 3 years ago. Please read my posts which will answer many of your questions. Waits may be longer now due to Covid but my timescales were not unreasonable. I had been through pills and then injections before seeking an implant. NHS were great - very satisfied with experience.
80 year old Type2 diabetic, long term ED, pills then injections PGE1. After 4 years they became less effective. Implanted 20/3/2018 by NHS. AMS 700 CX 15+4 cm with MS pump. Never had any significant pain. Still working perfectly and used regularly.

Yopej619

Re: Anyone here with an implant from the UK? Curious about your experience with the NHS

Postby Yopej619 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:21 am

Bluewhippet wrote:I am much older than you. I was 75 when implanted almost 3 years ago. Please read my posts which will answer many of your questions. Waits may be longer now due to Covid but my timescales were not unreasonable. I had been through pills and then injections before seeking an implant. NHS were great - very satisfied with experience.

Thanks, went through your post history, very informative
30 years old, had ED and PE for as long as I can remember. Lost many chances at relationships. Finally getting help. Awaiting appointment with urologist after penile Doppler ultrasound. Hope to get an implant eventually to solve both my issues.

Gavalar09

Postby Gavalar09 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:02 pm

Bluewhippet wrote:I am much older than you. I was 75 when implanted almost 3 years ago. Please read my posts which will answer many of your questions. Waits may be longer now due to Covid but my timescales were not unreasonable. I had been through pills and then injections before seeking an implant. NHS were great - very satisfied with experience.

How did you find the experience with Dr Summertown out of interest?
28 years old. VL symptoms. No morning wood for years.

Bluewhippet

Postby Bluewhippet » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:47 am

You asked about my experience with Mr Summerton. When I was implanted he would not use the AMS LGX only the CX. However, the end result was an implant which has the tips when inflated perfectly placed in the glans and the pump sitting behind and partly below the testes making activation easy. Cosmetically excellent in that the implant is not noticeable. I am not sure why he used a 15+4 CX rather than an 18+1. It works fine but when inflated I can feel the tubing at the base of my penis and erect it sits at 3.30 rather than straight out or higher. Perhaps fewer RTEs would have been better. I had no significant pain at any time after the implant more what I would describe as mild discomfort until healed. Activated at 5 weeks I have used it regularly since then and it has become part of me in that I do not notice that I have an implant except when using it. In terms of size I have lost about 1/2 an inch but girth has gradually increased so that I have gained about 1/4 of an inch in girth.

Overall, I am happy with the result and, as many have said, I wish I could have done it much earlier rather than relying on injections which require forward planning. It rejunavated our sex life. An erection which is rock hard in about 30 seconds whenever you want for as long as you want must be the ideal.
80 year old Type2 diabetic, long term ED, pills then injections PGE1. After 4 years they became less effective. Implanted 20/3/2018 by NHS. AMS 700 CX 15+4 cm with MS pump. Never had any significant pain. Still working perfectly and used regularly.

Gavalar09

Postby Gavalar09 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:44 am

Bluewhippet wrote:You asked about my experience with Mr Summerton. When I was implanted he would not use the AMS LGX only the CX. However, the end result was an implant which has the tips when inflated perfectly placed in the glans and the pump sitting behind and partly below the testes making activation easy. Cosmetically excellent in that the implant is not noticeable. I am not sure why he used a 15+4 CX rather than an 18+1. It works fine but when inflated I can feel the tubing at the base of my penis and erect it sits at 3.30 rather than straight out or higher. Perhaps fewer RTEs would have been better. I had no significant pain at any time after the implant more what I would describe as mild discomfort until healed. Activated at 5 weeks I have used it regularly since then and it has become part of me in that I do not notice that I have an implant except when using it. In terms of size I have lost about 1/2 an inch but girth has gradually increased so that I have gained about 1/4 of an inch in girth.

Overall, I am happy with the result and, as many have said, I wish I could have done it much earlier rather than relying on injections which require forward planning. It rejunavated our sex life. An erection which is rock hard in about 30 seconds whenever you want for as long as you want must be the ideal.

Thank you for the insight.

Is there much difference between the 2 implants?

How much difference is the feel of the implant to a normal erection?

Do you notice the half inch loss at all?
28 years old. VL symptoms. No morning wood for years.

Return to “General Discussion”