Venous leak?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
pentagram

Venous leak?

Postby pentagram » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:13 pm

Hello guys

I am 29 yers old. I have Ed. I don't even remember how Long.
I can only have erection when i am on my back. Standing or in other position i can't have erection.
Sildenafil work weak for me. I had hormone test, blood test. Everything is fine.
I had shock wave therapy. It didn't help.
Yesterday i did doppler test. With the results i need to go to doctor but i have appointment in next week.

Here my results:
Right side: PSV: 60 cm/sek EDV 10 cm/sek
Left side: PSV 55 cm/sek EDV 8 cm/sek

Is it venous leak?

abhishek26

Re: Venous leak?

Postby abhishek26 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:58 pm

your blood inflow is really good, but EDV values indicate chance of a small venous leakage. definitely get more details and a better diagnosis from the doctors before coming to any conclusions

follow up question: do you happen to known the PSV and EDV values before the injection (complete flaccid state) ?
24 y/o suffering from sudden onset of severe ED (from previously having no ED at all). perfectly normal penile doppler and blood/hormone/urine test results. UPDATE: diagnosed with tight pelvic floor dysfunction :roll:

pentagram

Postby pentagram » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:18 pm

Flaccid state:
Right side: PSV 15 cm/ SEC
Left side; PSV 10 cm/SEC
No info about EDV
The technician wrote:
In flaccid state everything ok, after inject increased values ​​of edv on both sides, which indicates an abnormal venous phase

phallus

Postby phallus » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:24 pm

Sounds like VL to me.

End diastolic velocity of 10 would translate to severe ED practically speaking.

Ask the doctor at the next appointment if embolization surgery or sclerotheraphy is something worth doing.
Born 1995
Possibly VL since 16.
Experimenting with PGE1 injections
which occasionally works too good and other times,
too poorly. Confusing situation.

pentagram

Postby pentagram » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:49 pm

So i saw my doctor. He confirmed it is venous leak.
He gave me 5 mg tadalafil and 50 mg sildenafil.
I asked about my options. Now for next 3 months i have to take sildenafil and tadalafil.
If it dosent help he said about injections.
I asked about implant but he said it is finality. He said it is very complicated, the head of penile won't be filled and he said i will be dissapointed about it.
He said also i am too young too implant. It is very expensive and in the next 10-15 Years i would have to replace it.
It sucks :(

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:57 pm

pentagram wrote:So i saw my doctor. He confirmed it is venous leak.
He gave me 5 mg tadalafil and 50 mg sildenafil.
I asked about my options. Now for next 3 months i have to take sildenafil and tadalafil.
If it dosent help he said about injections.
I asked about implant but he said it is finality. He said it is very complicated, the head of penile won't be filled and he said i will be dissapointed about it.
He said also i am too young too implant. It is very expensive and in the next 10-15 Years i would have to replace it.
It sucks :(

I am reminded of an old joke.

What time is it when an elephant sits on your house?

Time to buy a new house.

What time is it when a doctor dismissed your concerns?

Time to find a new doctor.

Now, that being said, he is partially correct. An implant is the last, final, no-turning-back approach to ED that can’t be corrected by oral medication, VED use, or injections.

I thought it presumptuous of the doctor to say “you will be disappointed.” How would he know?

It might be too complex for that doctor’s skill set. Other doctors successfully do plenty of implants and don’t seem to have any trouble.

As far as the head (or glans) is concerned, some guys seem to maintain some erection capability there whereas others don’t. Some of the guys who have lost erectile capacity of the head benefit from use of sildenafil or a cock ring while others don’t. ED is not a one size fits all, everybody presents the same symptoms type deal.

A medical professional like a doctor ought to know better than to denigrate or talk badly about a potential treatment. An implant is definitely not the first line treatment nor should guys rush to have one done. BUT there are plenty of surgeons who can install them well, the vast majority of guys who have them are satisfied with having one installed, and if there are no other good, viable solutions an implant sounds like a better option than celibacy. REGARDLESS OF AGE!!!
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

pentagram

Postby pentagram » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:51 pm

Hello again

I was in another doctor. One of the best in my country. I told him that i had doppler test and it confirmed venous leak and i asked him about penile implant. He told that doppler test isnt a perfect test and often it is false diagnose.
The doctor recommended to make Angiography CT. This is angiography showing the penile arteries, veins in 3D. He told that maybe he can find leakage and maybe it will possible to make surgery.
Yestarday finally he sent me results. He told me that i dont have developed most veins/arteries and this is problem of my ed. For now he told to try injections and ved but this temporary way and i will need implant.
Someone heard about similar situation? Undeveloped veins/arteries?

Return to “General Discussion”