Numbness

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Boatman678

Numbness

Postby Boatman678 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:39 am

I am on week 7 after implant. AMS 700 CX. Healing great. Still numb. Doesn’t seem to be getting any better. I have had 2 orgasms but it took some doing. Was told this would get better. Having sex with wife ok but have to just give up after a while. Anyone out there with this experience? Frustrating. I am hornet but can not finish.

SteveSW

Re: Numbness

Postby SteveSW » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:41 am

Boatman678 wrote:I am on week 7 after implant. AMS 700 CX. Healing great. Still numb. Doesn’t seem to be getting any better. I have had 2 orgasms but it took some doing. Was told this would get better. Having sex with wife ok but have to just give up after a while. Anyone out there with this experience? Frustrating. I am hornet but can not finish.

Four months out, it is the same for me. I can not orgasm with penetrative sex, and only aggressive masturbation gets me off. But, I am noticing that I feel like I am getting closer to orgasm when having sex. My penis is getting slightly more sensitive as the weeks go on. It seems to be a very slow process, but I can feel it happening. Masturbation to orgasm doesn't seem to be taking quite as long either. Have faith, we're going to be fine!
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Boatman678

Postby Boatman678 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:38 am

Thank you. I will hang in there. We are having the exact same issue. Mine also takes aggressive masterbation. Thank you again. Good luck.

pawhitson

Postby pawhitson » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:51 pm

Same here....9 weeks out and it takes soooo much effort to have a climax. Before it was very easy. It's great for the wife as I can out last her now. But I really have to focus on having an orgasm to achieve one. Thanks for the info as I have searched all over the internet for information about this condition Post Op. and ONLY until I called someone at Boston Scientific did I find this forum with the information I was looking for. I want other people to know this information as it can be pretty scary to have these symptoms and not know what the future holds. I guess I am just normal 62 year old man.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:00 pm

I used to have orgasms much easier than my partner. I felt badly because of that imbalance. I was building up quite a debt of orgasms.

My discomfiture was so great that I considered the Faustian bargain that if I could have an erection that would guarantee my partner would have an orgasm, I would be willing to give up ever having one of my own ever again.

Of course, as with all such bargains with the devil, there is the the probability of regret over the trade-off.

Fast forward and now I have an erection (by implant) that lasts long enough, and a partner who is multi-orgasmic. She is happily collecting on that orgasm-debt I owe to all those wonderful women of my past.

All the foregoing is to give perspective to my next statement which, without the foregoing, might seem insensitive to the plight of a man having the frustrations of an anorgasmic man.

For several months after implant (more than a year, maybe longer) I had orgasms only a fraction of the time (under 25%) we had sex.

I did not care. I was overjoyed at being able to GIVE orgasms that not GETTING orgasms was a non-issue. I did have orgasms often enough that I did not suffer overmuch. Now, my "hit rate" is in excess of 80% and climbing. This is 3 years post-op.

I still enjoy my lover's orgasms as much or more than my own. Whether it is vicarious, or an ego trip or what does not matter to me, for I feel that sex is a cooperative effort and a joint activity and the success and good feelings of one person is shared 100% (or close to it).

So, I recommend trying to change your attitude toward your orgasms while you wait for your anorgasmia to improve over time as your nerve endings recover from the trauma of the implant operation.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “General Discussion”