Implant removal

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Boatman678

Implant removal

Postby Boatman678 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:19 am

I want to run something by the group. I am 6 weeks post surgery. I am having issues inflating. Takes about 7-8 pumps to get me hard. The first or second pump is easy. The third pump might not squeeze at all, no matter how hard I squeeze. The next pump might be easy. So it is intermittently impossible to squeeze, and I have very strong hands. Second issue is that I have urethra discomfort since surgery. Feels like I have to pee most of the time, whether I do or not. I usually do. Wakes me up multiple times at night to pee. Did not have this issue before surgery. The third, I can not orgasm. Not even close. Numb. Was told this will go away. Have heard it could take weeks or many months. My size is smaller. So , this leads me to my main question. Should I have the thing removed ? Just go back to the way I was. At least I could sleep and did not have to per all the time. Going to urologist today to discuss issues. Any advise.

GoodWood

Re: Implant removal

Postby GoodWood » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:36 am

Give it time. 6 weeks may seem like a long time but you are still healing.

I had surgery recently (not implant) and its surprising how many things are effected. It takes time.

Talk with your surgeon, but having the implant removed and then being absolutely impotent AND post op doesn’t sound like a solution.

Other guys with implants will chime in I’m sure, but hang in there. At 6 weeks you are still healing and your body is getting used to the presence of the device.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:32 am

Yes, time will make everything better. That's a major surgery!
Not to discourage you but it took me over 4 months to feel better. At 6 weeks post had my first sex and I hurt so bad after had to go soak in a hot bath. Now at 18 months post it's just part of me, works well and sex is fun again.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Boatman678

Postby Boatman678 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:05 am

I appreciate the input. I do want to make this work. I gotta tell ya, I have had to tell my wife to wear clothes in the house that covers her up. Even though I can’t orgasm , I am horny. It frustrates me. Like getting all your teeth pulled and going to Texas Roadhouse and putting a juicy steak in front or you. Lol!! She ain’t bad for a 62 year old. Lol!! I am going to hang in there. Reading comments etc. on this group page helps. Thanks again guys.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:57 am

LOL. Hang in there Roadhouse. Reading your post made me picture a ravenous toothless man gumming a steak. It gave me a laugh.
Things will change.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:30 pm

Boatman678 wrote:I want to run something by the group. I am 6 weeks post surgery. I am having issues inflating. Takes about 7-8 pumps to get me hard. The first or second pump is easy. The third pump might not squeeze at all, no matter how hard I squeeze. The next pump might be easy. So it is intermittently impossible to squeeze, and I have very strong hands. Second issue is that I have urethra discomfort since surgery. Feels like I have to pee most of the time, whether I do or not. I usually do. Wakes me up multiple times at night to pee. Did not have this issue before surgery. The third, I can not orgasm. Not even close. Numb. Was told this will go away. Have heard it could take weeks or many months. My size is smaller. So , this leads me to my main question. Should I have the thing removed ? Just go back to the way I was. At least I could sleep and did not have to per all the time. Going to urologist today to discuss issues. Any advise.

Only my opinion. If the Dr is totally honest with you & divulges everything that will happen. You'll stick with the implant. To the best of my knowledge. There is no going back unless you're ok with total impotency. Good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:30 pm

Boatman678 wrote:I want to run something by the group. I am 6 weeks post surgery. I am having issues inflating. Takes about 7-8 pumps to get me hard. The first or second pump is easy. The third pump might not squeeze at all, no matter how hard I squeeze. The next pump might be easy. So it is intermittently impossible to squeeze, and I have very strong hands. Second issue is that I have urethra discomfort since surgery. Feels like I have to pee most of the time, whether I do or not. I usually do. Wakes me up multiple times at night to pee. Did not have this issue before surgery. The third, I can not orgasm. Not even close. Numb. Was told this will go away. Have heard it could take weeks or many months. My size is smaller. So , this leads me to my main question. Should I have the thing removed ? Just go back to the way I was. At least I could sleep and did not have to per all the time. Going to urologist today to discuss issues. Any advise.

Like GT1956 advised, do not have the implant removed. To which I add, unless you are having it replaced with another.

The implant operation inevitably destroys erectile function (or seriously compromises it in very lucky cases), leaving the man with significantly less erectile function (more impotent) than he was before the operation. There is no "going back" to how you were.

Urgency to urinate may be associated with the location of the reservoir or trauma to the nerves that signal urinary urgency. The nerves may settle down (as suggested by your experience you posted in another thread wherein you say the false alerts are fewer if you have not cycled recently). Or, it could be irritation to the urethra. Consult your surgeon or your urologist with your detailed observations. This a medical detective tasking. Every detail is a clue to cause and cure.

The pumping anomalies may be best addressed by consulting with the patient liaison(PL) of the implant manufacturer. The PLs often have tips and tricks not familiar to the surgeons. The surgeons are experts at installation. The PLs are experts at troubleshooting.

I take it that your rigidity and fullness when you do get inflated are equal to or better than your pre-op and pre-ED status? Even if you have lost size, your rigidity should be sufficient to resist the most enthusiastic sex and your erection should be virtually unbendable, flexing only a minimal amount if you try. Fullness is another measure, and some men retain girth well and some don't, but rigidity is the implant's primary reason for existence. Fullness and length are secondary.

How well is your glans supported? A good surgeon will implant you with a length of implant that puts the distal tips fully into your tunica. This will support your glans as well as your natural erection ever did. This is usually about half to 2/3 of the way into your glans (this varies, depending on how deep your tunica originally extended into your glans - you don't want the implant to press deeper, lest tissue compression impede blood flow, nor less deep, lest the glans be unsupported and "floppy")
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:29 pm

What kind of implant did they install?

The reason I ask is that I see something similar with my AMS LGX. But it doesn’t preclude it working real well. It just doesn’t behave like I expected.

A few weeks after surgery it was like squeezing a brick. I could feel no movement in the sides of the pump. Still, it was moving some fluid. It would get stiff albeit not big like I wanted.

As I cycled and with the passage of time I can feel the pump “give” a little bit but really, it’s still pretty hard. When I squeeze the hell out of it it really doesn’t give a good indentation like I’m moving much fluid.

I have gone to giving it rapid, short, hard squeezes followed by immediately backing off. And lots of them. I’ll use 60-75 little squeezes to pump it up.

After that many squeezes it is pretty much like the best erection I could ever get from trimix, only it lasts. It’s nice looking too. And roughly 1/4 inch shorter than my best pre-surgery measurement.

At 18 months I look at it and admire it in the mirror and think “yeah that’s my cock”. My wife says it looks like it did when we were first married. It even has the same little upward curve in it. I take selfies on my cell phone just so I can look at it and think “wow, I can get a useful erection now. How cool is that?”

So just because it’s hard to pump....may not mean anything other than it’s gard to pump, if you’re moving fluid from reservoir to cylinders. I know I am, because it takes 8-10 seconds to deflate and I can feel the fluid gurgling in the tubing.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Tortão

Postby Tortão » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:45 am

Boatman678 wrote:Takes about 7-8 pumps to get me hard. .

I'm afraid your implant is not totally deflated. 8 pumps are too few to get an implant hard.
Press and hold the deflate button while squeezing and holding your penis for a few seconds.
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

Username1

Postby Username1 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:30 pm

When Dr Taz inflated me, he said when you think its totally maxed out with the pump, tap the underside of the penis and pump more.
For me, it gives me more pumps..yeseven when the pump is hard.
Stick up it! It gets better everyday.
Implanted 5.25.21 Coldplast, 24cm. Dr Tajkarimi.

Return to “General Discussion”