HIV prevention: Truvada, Descovy, my experience

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
ViaSwiss

Re: HIV prevention: Truvada, Descovy, my experience

Postby ViaSwiss » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:59 pm

slipnslider wrote:
ViaSwiss wrote:Nope, but I have read a number of stories of guys with prostatisis induced ED, PFS, and other means of ED that recovered using Prep. Figure that is right up your alley.

Where did you read these stories? I'm not able to find any info about truvada helping with PFS.

I believe I originally read one on phoenix rising years ago. The guy did not say he had PFS but all his symptoms matched. There was a thread on PH recenetly where some guys were trying it, or maybe that was hackstasis site? I don't remember if anyone felt benefits tho
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:18 pm

I too take PrEP (PreExposure Prophylaxis - Truvada once a day). I’ve taken it for a couple years with no ill effects. It gives me peace of mind that no matter what happens I WON’T be contracting HIV.

I really believe that ANYONE who is having sex outside of a relationship that you are CERTAIN is monogamous would benefit from taking PrEP regardless of gender or sexual orientation.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 pm

I get my PrEP (Taficita or generic Descovy) from a wonderful British forwarder. (I can't post links here but PM if anyone wants more details) I chose him because PrEP is easily obtainable in the UK and this makes the transaction easier and safer.

You should always consult your doctor first, make sure you are getting a genuine product and comply with your country's regulations on the importation of medicines.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

RoninRiff

Postby RoninRiff » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:59 pm

In response to your comment, LuisFernandez. I realize it's a little off this particular topic but I agree with the general theme that taking all reasonable precautions is sensible. Along that line, I think there is good reason for someone in their 30s or even older to consider getting the HPV vaccine. Even if one had been exposed to one or two HPV strains by that age, the vaccine would still protect against the remaining seven or eight (total of nine).
55 yo w 20 yrs of worsening ED. VL on US. Tried all PDE5-Is w decreasing efficacy. No longer tolerating SEs from meds. INJs did not work out well for me. Now sched for IPP w Dr. Eid in 12/2023.

Return to “General Discussion”