Anyone here with ultra low T levels?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Anon-E-Mouse

Anyone here with ultra low T levels?

Postby Anon-E-Mouse » Fri May 07, 2021 2:07 am

35yr old male taking Trimix … T levels were in upper 200s in early 30s and latest test showed a T level of 65 in the morning. I understand 300-900 is normal and yes at 230pds and 5’10” definitely overweight too. Wife is 12 weeks pregnant finally and it’s kid #4 so we’re done and I can finally start T. Was stuck using clomid since I wanted to remain fertile but now it’s go time to get the real thing.

Curious if anyone else had ultra low T levels before starting TRT and what their experiences were like and how long it took to see those differences. Obviously low libido, ED… but how was your energy levels, fitness, mental clarity and mood before and after?

Just trying to learn everything I can before starting twice weekly injections as recommended by the doc.
38yr old Male - Taking 150/5/50 TriMix Injections & T injections

Rider1400

Re: Anyone here with ultra low T levels?

Postby Rider1400 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Not as low as you but was around 120 in the am before TRT. I first used I ml every other week. This had a bad roller coaster effect. But did that for almost 2 years and recently went to 1/2 dose every week which has maintained no lower than 600 and highest I’ve checked was 800... like the weekly.
Did notice a significant improvement in morning wood, mental clarity and energy along with libido. Within a few days and maxed at about the second week. Won’t regret it at all just be careful if you get too high as it can cause chest pains and lead to heart problems
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Tue May 11, 2021 6:01 pm

I haven't checked my levels in a long time but I've always had low T. I have taken antiandrogens (Propecia) for 20+ years, maybe that is the reason. Nevertheless, I have excellent morning erections, and with a little help from oral meds, I also have a great sex life.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

tolergl

Postby tolergl » Tue May 11, 2021 6:58 pm

I get monthly injections. I was in the low 100's with injections around 500. went from very little sex drive to being horney all the time. Just waiting week four of recovery from surgery for implant pills or injections did not work

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:55 pm

Anyone with ultra-low T might be too depressed to come to the forum! This is a cause of "The Grouchy Old Man Problem," well known to wives worldwide. And you don't have to be old to fall into this pit. Twenty years ago I began having shorter erection durations and a slight depression creeping up. Got a little curt with my wife. This and depression was out of character. General energy level seemed to be dropping too. A urologist diagnosed low luteinizing hormone being put out by the pituitary gland. This LH, as it's called, drives testosterone production. I don't know what my T level was, but it was below the 260 that the doc said was the lower boundary. An endocrinologist then diagnosed hypothalamus malfunction: this gland is supposed to put out a hormone which causes the pituitary to secrete LH. He said synthetic T does an end run around all this, and I started twice-a-month office injections which brought me fully back to normal immediately, in one day. I now smear a gel on my side once a day, made up by a compounding pharmacy, not covered by insurance but only $30/month. This is easier than self-injection, and a lot easier than going to a doctor's office. T is around 500 and all is well, for my age at least: good energy, no depression, Trimix working.

You're too young for prostate cancer, but guys over 50 or so are advised to keep T under about 600, because T feeds any incipient prostate cancer. Your urologist will measure blood samples periodically for your target T.

If the urologist can't fix you 100%, see an endocrinologist. These hormones can be tricky.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

LM-N-TX

Postby LM-N-TX » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:09 pm

I was just below the 300 but wanted to try raising it. I'm using the gel. Two pumps and put it on my shoulders and chest. It's now in the 900s!! But if was making me too horney so I cut back on the pumps. Didn't help with my ED but made me feel 20 years younger and had energy to go all day long.
Do you guys give yourself the injections?
69 years old. Had Full ED for 3 years. Tried pills and injection.
Had my infrapubic implant surgery March 17 2023 with AMS 700 LGX. (so far so good)

Forever_Young

Postby Forever_Young » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:49 pm

I was dignosed with low T. My endocrinologist started me with the underarm rub on. Was messy and levels flucuated. (400-700) Went on an extended vacation and the out of state pharmacy would not fill my RX. Went two months without and my T level was 85. My Urologist did Testapels (ever 3-4 months) for about 3 years. He quit doing them due to the low rembursement. He switched me to injections (1cc) by weekly. My T levels were around 1250. I went to weekly injections at .25cc and my levels were around 230. I have upped my weekly dose to .35cc and my levels are at 500. Got my energy and sex drive back.

anotherguy

Postby anotherguy » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:19 pm

I would recommend going on an all meat (or mostly meat) diet to raise your testosterone levels and just for overall health. You'll want to gradually work yourself into it to give your body and specifically to give your gut time to get adjusted.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer
AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rte
great results | great surgeon
Here is a YouTube video of Dr. Andrew Kramer performing penile implant surgery

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:51 pm

My T was low (around 100) years ago. I got it up to over 600 with Axiron, but it made no difference in libido or how I felt. Since T therapy is not without risk, I discontinued it. In the interim since then nothing has changed.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:45 pm

I take injections at home and have been for quite a few years,makes all the difference in the world in my energy level and sex drive!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

Return to “General Discussion”