DES - man-made (synthetic) form of estrogen Questions?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
peyroniesjr

DES - man-made (synthetic) form of estrogen Questions?

Postby peyroniesjr » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:57 am

What is DES? DES (diethylstilbestrol) is a man-made (synthetic) form of estrogen, a female hormone. Doctors prescribed it from 1938 until 1971 to help some pregnant women who had had miscarriages or premature deliveries. At that time it was believed that these problems might have been caused by low levels of estrogen in the woman’s body.

Questions concerning this hormone given to pregnant mothers? How many men on here that know if their mother took this hormone? Did they get prostate cancer, peyronies, non-cancerous epididymal cysts (growths on the testicles);
other genital abnormalities;infertility;

I am one of the DES sons, I have had prostate cancer, peyronies, epididymal cysts, Low T, high blood pressure & high cholesterol. My mother had all premature births & i had asked my older brother if he had a lump on one of his testicles. Just wondering if this DES hormone caused some of my problems in life. My brother died last year at the age of 69, he had diabetes & chronic kidney disease.

Thanks in advance!
Junior
Implant Titan 2/21/2020 / 67 yrs / Married 44 yrs /ED / Peyronies 70 degrees - Xiaflex/ Low T / & RALP 4/1/2019 (Nerve Sparing)

Return to “General Discussion”