What is a useful erection?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
dhiker99

What is a useful erection?

Postby dhiker99 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:56 am

So I'm trying to sort this out. Ed is defined as the inability to sustain en erection adequate for penetrative sex (maybe an 80% or better erection) However in my experience satsifying a female partner requires a 90+% erection

What are your experiences?
Implanted 4/22/21, Coloplast Titan

vajim1

Re: What is a useful erection?

Postby vajim1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:14 am

Before ED for me I needed full erection as I had a curve and it would bend if I was not careful and could hurt some.
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:49 pm

dhiker99 wrote:So I'm trying to sort this out. Ed is defined as the inability to sustain en erection adequate for penetrative sex (maybe an 80% or better erection) However in my experience satsifying a female partner requires a 90+% erection

What are your experiences?

What is your definition of "penetrative sex"?

Having an orgasm inside a partner's vagina? Or your partner having a vaginal orgasm by penile penetration?

Note that the vast majority of women report being unable to have an orgasm through penile penetration along, regardless of their partner's erectile condition or duration.

My point is that the definition of E.D. is highly subjective. The classic definition is conveniently (or inconveniently, depending on which side of any divide you occupy) vague.

Add to that the frequency of women "fudging" their orgasms and you have a conundrum.

So, whose definition are you seeking? Typical man's. Typical woman's (if there is such). Your insurance company? A healthcare provider?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ftwabeck3533

Postby ftwabeck3533 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:04 am

dhiker99 wrote:Ed is defined as the inability to sustain an erection adequate for penetrative sex (maybe an 80% or better erection) However in my experience satisfying a female partner requires a 90+% erection

Hiker, you employ the adjective "useful" in your topical question, and "adequate" in your post regarding erection quality. Perhaps we should debate the difference between those two terms? Or add one or more new adjectives, such as "acceptable".

For intercourse, I believe the erection has three characteristics: (1) Rigidity (2) Spontaneity (3) Duration. If all three meet the needs of you and your partner, the erection is of acceptable quality.
Born 1955, Erectile Dysfunction, Robotic Prostatectomy (Oct 2018, Dr Bugg @ UCA, Birmingham, AL), PSA<0.007, Trimix User (30 mg Papaverine HCL, 1 mg Phentolamine MES, 10 mcg Alprostadil per 1 ML. My dose is 0.16 ML)

dhiker99

Postby dhiker99 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:08 pm

ftwabeck thank you. Identifying those three parameters are very clarifying for me. My tool works very well on two of the pramameters with injection and a c-ring but that kills all spontaneity. Without the injection I'm about a 7-8 on rigidity, 5 on spontaneity (have to use pills) and a 8 on duration. Feedback I've had from women is that 7-8 rigidity combined with the iffyness of pills doesn't do the job.
I'm aware of the statistic regarding orgasm from penetrative sex and have been pretty luck so far to partner, mostly, with women that were capable of that. Although it often takes a lot of concentrated effort on my part (and maybe their's too) to get there.
In any case, I'm at or near the end of the road and I'm almost 60 so its only going to get worse. I think its time for me to take the implant plunge. This discussion board is God-send for making this decision. Thank you to everyone that's replied to my posts
Implanted 4/22/21, Coloplast Titan

RS507507

Postby RS507507 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:00 pm

YOu may want to look at the device: https://allknight.com/products/cock-enh ... kring.aspx

I use it and inject a quad mix and have a 90% fun time . It took patience to find the right formula but after 90 days of weekly sex confidence has been restored.
The only side effect has been the occasional bruise on my *ick.

Return to “General Discussion”