Testosterone variance

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
passerarf

Testosterone variance

Postby passerarf » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:22 pm

My testosterone levels have fluctuated quite a bit over the years.

For example, I have a reading of 453 when I was 25 and another one more recently, 10 years later, of 756.

This most 756 reading from this month (March) is also 200 points higher than my reading in January.

I notice a pretty significant difference in my ED during these variations.

Has anyone else seen this kind of variance in their testosterone results?

Simbarn

Re: Testosterone variance

Postby Simbarn » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:34 pm

passerarf wrote:My testosterone levels have fluctuated quite a bit over the years.

For example, I have a reading of 453 when I was 25 and another one more recently, 10 years later, of 756.

This most 756 reading from this month (March) is also 200 points higher than my reading in January.

I notice a pretty significant difference in my ED during these variations.

Has anyone else seen this kind of variance in their testosterone results?

Hi Passerarf. I will ask the first obvious question: were the tests done a approximately the same time in the morning each day? Most probably were, but worth checking.
There is always a chance of lab error. If a very odd result occurs a repeat test is warranted.
Interesting that you notice a difference in erectile function though.
Any other hormones at odd levels such as LH and FSH or prolactin?

So you have noticed an improvement with your ED since getting this higher result? Have you made any significant lifestyle changes recently that may have encouraged a better natural T level?
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

passerarf

Re: Testosterone variance

Postby passerarf » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:43 pm

thanks as always for chiming in Simbarn!

Yes, all were done in the morning around the same time. And I actually believe the results because I have noticed that my ED hasn't been as severe during the periods of time where I'm hovering around 700 and worse when it's in the 400-500 range (though who knows, lab errors could always be a thing too!).

In terms of lifestyle changes, I've raised my daily water intake substantially (ginger infused water, actually) and I've been taking slippery elm + curcumin supplements, but I doubt those would have any bearing here....

I guess other than being curious about what causes the variance, I'm curious if varying 200-300 points (both up and down, even while aging....in my case over a 10 year period) is something that others have experienced?

Return to “General Discussion”