Acoustic wave therapy

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Simbarn

Re: Acoustic wave therapy

Postby Simbarn » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:05 am

phallus wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:Around here the ads keep mentioning that the process increases blood flow. I think they are basically admitting that it works very poorly or not at all for ED. Seems like one of the more common ED causes is venous leakage. Even if you get increased inflow. The outflow (leak) keeps inceasing with time. Much like most of the other ED treatments. Pills & shots, the leakage eventually overcomes their effect.
In my mind, why deal with another temporary treatment. Any gains from it might take away from the length of time that pills work. For basically a no net gain of treatment time overall.
I've read of several members over on the implant forum. They all reported no help from the treament.

The lack of any effective treatment for VL is quite honestly mind boggling.
Why is it so hard to remove/plug faulty veins? It's not like we're trying to grow a new organ.

The term venous leak is synonymous with the term CVOD. Corporeal veno-occlusive dysfunction. CVOD encompasses many different causation's of erectile dysfunction, so much so, we may as well just call it erectile dysfunction. I have described much of this in previous posts.
It is not just the issue of faulty veins as this is most likely one of the least likely causes of CVOD. Smooth muscle loss, NOS and ENOS dysfunction, arterial dysfunction, collagen deposition, failures with regard to the tunica albuginea, neurological dysfunctions and pelvic floor issues are the more likely culprits here. It can be a complex combination of these factors and more that bring about a particular individuals issues with erectile function if CVOD is suspected. We are still learning and researching about all of the above and how we can possibly treat them.

Growing a new organ would for some be a great option as reversing the damage caused by years of aging or bad lifestyle, will always be an incredibly difficult thing to do.
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

personfromon

Postby personfromon » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:46 am

Funny, I came on FT today to see if anyone had experience with this type of therapy! I've read a few articles about it, and the doctor I'm going to see seemed pretty honest about what to expect but I'm going in optimistically. This is basically my last stop before the nuclear option (implant) and I'm willing to try anything, no matter how crazy it sounds, before that. I'll definitely make a report here with my experience.

Mazzio

Postby Mazzio » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:06 am

A new article about shockwave treatment:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32499189/

Copied text:
"Positive results were published with all 6 ESWT devices in question in patients with organic ED but with huge differences regarding the EFD and the total energies applied. There is growing evidence that concentrated treatment protocols and increasing energies may yield better results. In this context, it may be argued that at least some of the published studies were markedly underpowered ."
"regardless of the indication, Li-ESWT on the penis should always be combined with daily dosing of a PDE5i, preferably with tadalafil 5 mg."

If you will take this treatment, you should read carefully this text and challenge your doctor.
65 yrs, had venous leak all my life, sildenafil and other pills don't work anymore properly, using Caverject with pills.

Robert-CA

Postby Robert-CA » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:22 pm

This is a very profitable procedure for clinics, and yes, it is heavily advertised. That does not mean that it doesn't work.

There is a substantial body of peer-reviewed, independent clinical research showing that LI-ESWT can be an effective treatment for vascular ED.

That last part is important. The therapy works by improving blood flow. If your ED is due to neurological problems, venous leak, low testosterone, side-effects of prescription medications, etc, then LI-ESWT won't help.

But since vascular problems are the most common cause of erectile dysfunction, LI-ESWT can help a lot of men.

Mazzio

Postby Mazzio » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:14 pm

Robert-CA wrote:There is a substantial body of peer-reviewed, independent clinical research showing that LI-ESWT can be an effective treatment for vascular ED.
That last part is important. The therapy works by improving blood flow. If your ED is due to neurological problems, venous leak, low testosterone, side-effects of prescription medications, etc, then LI-ESWT won't help.

I have read a lot about LI-ESWT treatment and the recent studies are quite positive. I had the treatment 5 years ago with poor results but the procedure is getting better all the time. The treatment should be modified to each patient. Until now it has been about the same to all patients.

LI-ESWT may give the best results for vascular cases but the research tells that it will help also venous leak patients.

Has anybody got this treatment during this year?
65 yrs, had venous leak all my life, sildenafil and other pills don't work anymore properly, using Caverject with pills.

Return to “General Discussion”