Impulse Magnetic-Field Therapy for E.D. 80% effective - maybe more

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Lost Sheep

Impulse Magnetic-Field Therapy for E.D. 80% effective - maybe more

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:38 pm

80% efficacy cited. The study is small (20 men, double-blind) but very interesting results.

Impulse Magnetic-Field Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction
Rainer B. Pelka, Ph.D.
Universität der Bundeswehr München
Neubiberg/Munich, Germany
Christof Jaenicke, M.D.
Joerg Gruenwald, Ph.D.
PhytoPharm Consulting
Institute for Phytopharmaceuticals
Berlin, Germany

ABSTRACT
This double-blind, placebo-controlled study assessed the efficacy of 3 weeks of impulse magnetic-field therapy for erectile dysfunction (ED). Twenty volunteers who suffered from ED or orgasmic disturbances were randomly assigned to either active treatment or placebo (n = 10 each). Efficacy was assessed in terms of intensity and duration of erection, general well-being, sexual activity, and warm sensation in the genital area. In the active-treatment group, all efficacy endpoints were significantly improved at study end (P.01), with 80% reporting increases in intensity and duration of erection, frequency of genital warmth, and general wellbeing. The remaining 20%, who experienced minor improvements, were found to have an influenza-like infection after the study that may have influenced their results. Only 30% of the placebo group noted some improvement in their sexual activity; 70% had no change. No side effects were reported.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Simbarn

Re: Impulse Magnetic-Field Therapy for E.D. 80% effective - maybe more

Postby Simbarn » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:04 pm

Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:07 pm

Simbarn wrote:Here is a link to the full PDF:
http://www.qrsitalia.it/pdf/60_QRS_Stud ... n_2002.pdf

Thanks, Simbarn. I intended to include the link, but forgot.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Ali34319

Postby Ali34319 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:35 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:80% efficacy cited. The study is small (20 men, double-blind) but very interesting results.

Impulse Magnetic-Field Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction
Rainer B. Pelka, Ph.D.
Universität der Bundeswehr München
Neubiberg/Munich, Germany
Christof Jaenicke, M.D.
Joerg Gruenwald, Ph.D.
PhytoPharm Consulting
Institute for Phytopharmaceuticals
Berlin, Germany

ABSTRACT
This double-blind, placebo-controlled study assessed the efficacy of 3 weeks of impulse magnetic-field therapy for erectile dysfunction (ED). Twenty volunteers who suffered from ED or orgasmic disturbances were randomly assigned to either active treatment or placebo (n = 10 each). Efficacy was assessed in terms of intensity and duration of erection, general well-being, sexual activity, and warm sensation in the genital area. In the active-treatment group, all efficacy endpoints were significantly improved at study end (P.01), with 80% reporting increases in intensity and duration of erection, frequency of genital warmth, and general wellbeing. The remaining 20%, who experienced minor improvements, were found to have an influenza-like infection after the study that may have influenced their results. Only 30% of the placebo group noted some improvement in their sexual activity; 70% had no change. No side effects were reported.

it is old paper i think its from 2002 i think. why none used it till now?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:59 pm

Ali34319 wrote:it is old paper i think its from 2002 i think. why none used it till now?

Good question. I did not look at the date. I do know that there have been a few trials at stimulating an erection. But I do not know the dates of those experiments either.

(during surgery on men with nerve-damage-induced impotence, electrical stimulation was applied in the region of the perineum, but these were NOT left in place - it was an experiment agreed to by the patients and seems to have had positive results, but only during the surgery when the electrodes were in place)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “General Discussion”