What new ED medication is in the pipeline?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
rich2222

What new ED medication is in the pipeline?

Postby rich2222 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:13 am

It’s been a while since anything new has been launched.

I think Avanafil was probably the last.

What new treatments are in development or under trial?
66 yrs old
Hypergonadism (Nebido Injections since 2016)
T2 Diabetes
Initially Tadalafil. Then Alprostadil early 2018, but painful!. Now using Invicorp 3x weekly with great success)
Happy to share experiences of the journey. Message me if you want to talk.

Mazzio

Re: What new ED medication is in the pipeline?

Postby Mazzio » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:45 pm

MED2005 is the one that we are waiting for.
65 yrs, had venous leak all my life, sildenafil and other pills don't work anymore properly, using Caverject with pills.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:18 pm

Mazzio wrote:MED2005 is the one that we are waiting for.

Yes, that's the one.

MED2005 is a topical gel developped by Futura Medical for the treatment of ED and should be available in 2021.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

phallus

Postby phallus » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:17 pm

If i understand the study correct, MED2005 will only work on mild ED cases, basically a new "MUSE" treatment. Useless for most guys on frank talk.
What we need is this: https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-m ... ed-humans/
Unfortunately it's realistically 10 years away from hitting the marked but it will cure ED for good.
There was also some talk of botox being a potential ED treatment, not sure what happened.
Born 1995
Possibly VL since 16.
Experimenting with PGE1 injections
which occasionally works too good and other times,
too poorly. Confusing situation.

Mazzio

Postby Mazzio » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:21 pm

I would not underestimate MED2005. I see it as a combo product to be used with pills. It would be great to get rid of injections with that combo.
65 yrs, had venous leak all my life, sildenafil and other pills don't work anymore properly, using Caverject with pills.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:44 pm

phallus wrote:What we need is this: https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-m ... ed-humans/
Unfortunately it's realistically 10 years away from hitting the marked but it will cure ED for good.

Unfortunately the penile transplant technique described in your link still requires an inflatable implant in order to achieve erection. Wouldn't be any different from getting an implant installed today. This treatment you linked is for people who don't have a penis at all, or have a deformed/destroyed one.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:00 pm

phallus wrote:If i understand the study correct, MED2005 will only work on mild ED cases, basically a new "MUSE" treatment. Useless for most guys on frank talk.
What we need is this: https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-m ... ed-humans/
There was also some talk of botox being a potential ED treatment, not sure what happened.

I do tend to agree with your skepticism with regard to MED2005. There seems to be no apparent science to the product. There was always evident science to PDE5 inhibitors. The way in which they work was clearly understood. The pathway in which they boost was understood. Unless I have missed something MED2005 works through an evaporative process which somehow stimulates nerve endings in the head of the penis. How this works for any length of time is a mystery to me.

The study done with Botox was just a single one. It was performed with guys who had last stage erectile dysfunction and were about to receive an implant, so the risk for further damage to the penis was not a big issue. It worked quite well on these men. Once again the science behind this is understood. Botox reduced the contractile mechanism of smooth muscle, much like it does with muscles in the face when it used for cosmetic applications. I wont go into detail here. If you are interested the study is easy to find on the internet. More research needs to be done. However, this did look like it could be a viable treatment which could be administered a few times a year and I think much less was required than is needed for facial muscle paralysis.
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:04 am

Simbarn wrote: [...] I do tend to agree with your skepticism with regard to MED2005. There seems to be no apparent science to the product. [...]

What seems to make MED so unique is not the list of ingredients but Futura's DermaSys technology:

Our unique patented transdermal DermaSys® technology provides rapid and targeted local delivery of clinically proven effective medical treatments via the skin

On the other hand, it's a bit strange that we can't find any articles on medical journals, only economy newspapers. Could this be just a marketing move? Nothing like a new ED med to raise stock value!

I have no idea, let's wait and see. Fingers crossed!
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

phallus

Postby phallus » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:42 am

wolfpacker wrote:
phallus wrote:What we need is this: https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-m ... ed-humans/

This treatment you linked is for people who don't have a penis at all, or have a deformed/destroyed one.

Did you read the last sentence?

Although the team is hoping to be able to replace entire penises when they initiate trials, they think that a more realistic goal is to start with partial replacements, for example helping patients with erectile dysfunction.

This technology have more then 20 years of research behind it and would solve every ED issue out there assuming you're not a FtoM transsexual.
You could even increase you size to whatever using it.
This is it guys. It only needs to succeed in trails and done available for the public. We need some luck.

Simbarn wrote:The study done with Botox was just a single one. It was performed with guys who had last stage erectile dysfunction and were about to receive an implant, so the risk for further damage to the penis was not a big issue. It worked quite well on these men. Once again the science behind this is understood. Botox reduced the contractile mechanism of smooth muscle, much like it does with muscles in the face when it used for cosmetic applications. I wont go into detail here. If you are interested the study is easy to find on the internet. More research needs to be done. However, this did look like it could be a viable treatment which could be administered a few times a year and I think much less was required than is needed for facial muscle paralysis.

This is very encouraging, and i hope botox could be used as a stop-gap ED treatment before tissue engeenering becomes the new treatment standard for ED.
Born 1995
Possibly VL since 16.
Experimenting with PGE1 injections
which occasionally works too good and other times,
too poorly. Confusing situation.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:33 am

Since it is applied to the glans, I wonder if it improves sensitivity and thuscould help with anorgasmia.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “General Discussion”