Help: Military Veterans Who Used VA for Implant

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
GLE Man

Help: Military Veterans Who Used VA for Implant

Postby GLE Man » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:38 pm

Hello everyone,

Long story short is I have been told by my urologist that the implant is needed and will work best for me. The problem is about one week prior to the scheduled procedure my insurance carrier informed me they were not going to cover it. I am still working on it by trying to get my doctor to do a peer to peer to convince them to pay. I like having more than one poker in the fire. For more detailed information please do a search on GLE Man and read all about it.

Since I am a veteran of the US Armed Forces, and while I continue to await approval from my carrier, I am now trying to see if the VA will cover my implant. If there are veterans who used the VA to have their implant procedure done, please let me know. I am eager to take advice on what I need to do as well as find out whether or not a VA doctor did the implant or they outsourced it.

Please help a fellow vet out with your advice. Thanks and thank you for your service. Please hit me up.

GLE Man
59 years old; Maryland; ED due to diabetes; pills became less effective until eventually stopped working all together; Implanted March 9, 2021; AMS 700 CX 21 cm x 12mm;100 mL

vajim1

Re: Help: Military Veterans Who Used VA for Implant

Postby vajim1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:33 am

After I had to try pills, shots and the ved and nothing worked I could get an implant, that said my wife did not want me using the VA because my urologist only did about 5 implants a year, so I went outside.
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

Quester

Re: Help: Military Veterans Who Used VA for Implant

Postby Quester » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:19 am

I got mine done at the VA, the main surgeon IMO was is top notch, been involved with research papers, may not be a big name on the boards but he is in the top 50.

I’m kind of biased on the VA since I work at the one I had my surgery at. The things I’ve noticed is every medical center is different, meaning I have always gotten great care and most of the vets I have talked to think ours is great.

Check the physician finder, you may find that some of best out there also work for the VA.

Primary care is going to be where you will most likely start. Then to urology. Having copies of your medical records may speed things up getting through the bureaucracy but just like any other insurance documents, and being patience will be needed.

Good luck
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

Return to “General Discussion”