Just move forward

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Lost Sheep

Just move forward

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:02 pm

I read a few posts/threads recently filled with bitterness and despair over E.D. and related issues.

Then I was listening to an interview with a fellow who was left blinded by a bear mauling (Grizzly/Brown Bear). He is one of only two known survivors of bear maulings left blinded. (This guy, Dan Bigley and Lee Hagmeier, 45 years earlier) The mauling was violent and as the victim went in and out of consciousness, was aware of the bear stopping and re-starting several times. He even remembers the bear turning her head sideways, taking his head into her mouth and crushing his skull. Bigley has published a book about his experience, Beyond the Bear

When brought into the E.R. the doctor's notes were, "Eyes, ears, forrhead, unrecognizable. Patient condition incompatible with life." The ER Doctor called in another surgeon and was unable to verbalize on the phone what she saw and only said, "Just come."

Then, I think. What have I got to complain about?

This guy is recovering (and still goes fishing in the woods). I am recovering from E.D. As are we all, in different stages.

He remarked that an attitude of bitterness over his situation is more devastating and disabling than the outcome of his mauling.

Move forward from E.D. Move forward from being blinded by a Bear (Grizzly). There are guys here who have multiple problems, severe spinal cord injuries from car accidents on top of E.D. HIV/AIDs. Colostomy (and can still get girls).

The key to recover through to happiness is moving forward. It does not matter what your final destination is. Just move forward.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “General Discussion”