Is My Testosterone Count Too Low?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
kinggg

Is My Testosterone Count Too Low?

Postby kinggg » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:21 am

Hi guys.. My libido is at an all time low. I'm presently 50 and need your help. My testosterone count is 337. Do you think this is considered too low and if so is it low enough to get on TRT?

dg_moore

Re: Is My Testosterone Count Too Low?

Postby dg_moore » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:28 am

It's hard to say. Some report astounding results from TRT, while others, like me, have no sucess at all. When I was about your age my libido was low and my T tested about 180. I got it up to about 800 with Androgel but it made no difference at all - no improved libido, no increased energy, no elevation of mood. You might give it a try - you may be one of the lucky ones.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:54 am

I’m not sure where mine wasn’t the Dr did say it was low normal what ever that means. I did start injections. It was fantastic for me. Still on them now. I had amazing results.

Everyone is different.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:24 am

Several years ago my T level came in at 290 and my Endocrinologist advised that it was normal for guys over 60. However, I decided to see an urologist who prescribed Androgel which increase my T to over 800 but had no beneficial effect on my diabetes induced ED. I also don’t recall any increase in libido. After six months on TRT, my Endo advised that my PSA had begun to rise and recommended I phase out of TRT.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Cajun Jeff wrote:I’m not sure where mine wasn’t the Dr did say it was low normal what ever that means. I did start injections. It was fantastic for me. Still on them now. I had amazing results.

Are you taking the TRT injections that are short term that give you almost instant sexual high? Or the long term injections that take time like weeks/ months to build up in the body?

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:05 pm

It does shoot the T level up quickly but it starts to ware off fairly quick. That is why my Dr recommended that I get my shots at 2 weeks vs 1x a month.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:14 pm

Cajun Jeff wrote:It does shoot the T level up quickly but it starts to ware off fairly quick. That is why my Dr recommended that I get my shots at 2 weeks vs 1x a month.

In many cases, even fortnightly is too long as the dose needs to be quite high in order for the T level to be sufficient towards the end of the second week.
What T ester was he injecting you with for it to last monthly? I don't know of any that would work this way.
I inject twice weekly, I do it myself and have done this for years. This maintains a much better peak and trough, which also helps stop testosterone being converted into excessive amounts of estrogen.

For a level of T to last 2 weeks, a dose of around 200-250mgs of T Cypionate or Enanthate needs to be injected. This is a large amount of T to be given at one go. The body goes into correction mode as it attempts to stabilise hormone homeostasis. Over time it will increase levels of aromatase enzyme in various tissues so that this this constant influx of T can be managed.
This is what happens with bodybuilders when they take large amounts of testosterone. However, it happens in a faster and greater amount. It can take many months for them when they stop their cycles for this production of estrogen to decline, one of the reasons it can take the HPTA so long to recover function.
This can happen to guys who take T for replacement purposes in the doses I mention above. It just takes longer.
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:46 pm

Kinggg, I am on TRT. Yes. My dose is 1cc every 2 weeks. It started at 2cc 1 time a month.

I must say it has helped me. That being said everyone is different.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:10 pm

My understanding is that the “normal” Testosterone Total level is 250-1100 ng/dL. For Testosterone Free it’s 35-155 pg/mL.

But different men seem to ‘need’ different levels. One man could be on the lower end of “normal” and feel fine. The next could have the same levels and would feel symptoms of Low T.

Talk with your doctor about your lab values and how you feel and see what he/she has to say.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

kinggg

Postby kinggg » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:29 pm

Simbarn wrote:I inject twice weekly, I do it myself and have done this for years. This maintains a much better peak and trough, which also helps stop testosterone being converted into excessive amounts of estrogen.

Are you saying that short term T injections are better than the more expensive long term T injections? What i mean by 'better' is does it produce more libido than the long term T injections? Does it also achieve libido faster?

Return to “General Discussion”