Testosterone - where is it going?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
danny1553

Re: Testosterone - where is it going?

Postby danny1553 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:20 am

Just an update.
Last blood test indicated that my free testosterone is still low. Well the good thing it is no longer below bare minimum as it used to be but still low. Now I am going to get 200mg weekly.
I'll see whether or not this finally will provide sufficiently of it.

BTW how long does it take for the testicle atrophy to become noticeable? I have been getting testosterone injections for a year but still have not noticed any noticeable difference.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Atrophied testicles is not always the case. Apparently, atrophy sets in when T is introduced exogenously such that the testicles are no longer needed to supply the T naturally so they get lazy and shrink. In your case, the exogenous T is not increasing your T levels, so your testicles are not aware that they can now slack off. Accordingly, your testicles have not become lazy and there is no reason for them to shrink.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Currently I am getting 1cc of Delasteryl weekly. That makes 200 mg per week. I am getting injections every Saturday evening. But the problem is that that's the day when me and my wife are usually have mood for sex when kids are playing outside. Due to the peak-and valley nature of the T-shots I guess the day of injection is the day when the testosterone level is the lowest :? .

What day of week should I get injections in order to have the highest T-level by the weekend?

Jbcsatx

Postby Jbcsatx » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Danny are they checking your free T or just going on total cholesterol? Also they might need to check your estrogen levels the cypionate is a depo shot which is slowly released I have never seen more than 200 mg weekly in all my years of being a pharmacist. But low T is not acceptable for any age

Jbcsatx

Postby Jbcsatx » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:36 pm

I started taking depo testosterone when I was 20. I did not like the injections and the peaks and valleys they caused. Of course part of that was my fault due to non compliance. I was never faithful to injecting every 7 days. I am currently on androgel but after 30 years of off and on T therapy my testicles are not totally gone. They are large grape size. I can not tell any affects of the therapy other than my mood. For me that was the best part still not much libido and the myth is that T supplementation will help ED! Wrong wrong wrong. Hope you find the answer to why your levels continue to be low. Jim

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:50 am

Jbcsatx wrote:Danny are they checking your free T or just going on total cholesterol? Also they might need to check your estrogen levels the cypionate is a depo shot which is slowly released I have never seen more than 200 mg weekly in all my years of being a pharmacist. But low T is not acceptable for any age

Hi Jim
Yes, they check for free testosterone and bioavailable one. In my case those two are low while the "regular" testosterone is fine. Also they checked estrogen - that happened to be fine.
What I can say is that T-shots even though did nothing for my venous leak it greatly improve my quality of feeling. Before I was constantly fighting against the depression and now this is virtually gone. Only if I knew years earlier about my T-issue I wouldn't have spent so much time and money on anti-depressants. The problem was that while I was young my previous family doctor did not occur to check me for the testosterone but instead engaged me into lengthy antidepression therapy...

Return to “General Discussion”