Shockwave therapy success story?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
indusvalley

Shockwave therapy success story?

Postby indusvalley » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:45 am

Hey guys, I talked to Dr Tariq Hakkey and he said once you have exhausted all options, we can proceed with implant. Now I have tried pills and injections and none of them worked. He said there’s another thing called shockwave therapy and if that too doesn’t work then we can proceed with the implant. Now my urological report also says I have venous leakage. Has anyone heard of getting cured using shockwave therapy?

There’s a member here who mentioned that shockwave therapy did even more damage by messing up some nerves and that he should have done more research before going into it. So I feel a bit reluctant going for this therapy. I just feel like it won’t work and I should get an implant. Any thoughts?

P.S. I posted this on Implant board earlier but I feel this board is more relevant to this topic.
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

Simbarn

Re: Shockwave therapy success story?

Postby Simbarn » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:35 pm

I have read many studies on shockwave therapy. Many of them suggest very positive findings. However, I am yet to speak to or read one persons account of it making a difference.
I would have thought that by now, someone on this forum would have had a positive lasting result if it did indeed work? Or do the people that have good results have no need to post on ED internet forums?
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Kensabs

Postby Kensabs » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:19 pm

I also have not heard of any successful results with shockwave therapy. Has anyone had experience with this treatment ?
Thanks

Robert-CA

Postby Robert-CA » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:55 pm

I've seen some success stories on Quora.

I am personally trying the Phoenix device for at-home shockwave therapy (I'll post back when my course of treatment is complete). They have an active Facebook group, and quite a few men there have posted success stories, both from the Phoenix, and from clinical shockwave treatments.

The problem with personal stories is that they are subjective. Men may be seeing a placebo effect, or they may be exaggerating.

That's why controlled clinical studies carry much more weight.

Mazzio

Postby Mazzio » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:34 pm

Shockwave is total crap. Forget it. You will only lose your money. It is expensive treatment and if there is any progress everything will vanish in a few weeks.
65 yrs, had venous leak all my life, sildenafil and other pills don't work anymore properly, using Caverject with pills.

KenJ1947

Postby KenJ1947 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:24 pm

indusvalley wrote:Hey guys, I talked to Dr Tariq Hakkey and he said once you have exhausted all options, we can proceed with implant. Now I have tried pills and injections and none of them worked. He said there’s another thing called shockwave therapy and if that too doesn’t work then we can proceed with the implant. Now my urological report also says I have venous leakage. Has anyone heard of getting cured using shockwave therapy?

There’s a member here who mentioned that shockwave therapy did even more damage by messing up some nerves and that he should have done more research before going into it. So I feel a bit reluctant going for this therapy. I just feel like it won’t work and I should get an implant. Any thoughts?

P.S. I posted this on Implant board earlier but I feel this board is more relevant to this topic.

Anecdote: 14 Acoustic Wave Therapy sessions and a personal BMPotent (Be More Impotent) device did me no harm but certainly did me no good. It did take my bank account down. Oh, I did get an air pump that I like. Count me on the no go side.

I talked with my uro yesterday. He wants me to try a different formulation of Trimix. I agreed but also started talking with him about an implant. The idea of a good sex session with my wife starts my loins aching...
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

Return to “General Discussion”