Covid from school

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
tomas1

Covid from school

Postby tomas1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:27 pm

My granddaughter's husband had to ride to Nevada with a coworker to do a photo shoot.
The coworker later told him that he tested positive and his son had brought it home from school.

Grandson-in-law has now tested positive and has symptoms.

I know schools must be opened, but don't know how this can be contained.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

LeRoastBeef

Re: Covid from school

Postby LeRoastBeef » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:47 pm

Your grandson in law is young, he'll be fine. Don't worry about him. Just keep yourself safe.
My 82 year old great uncle just came down with it. He's 9 days into it. He feels a bit rough but he's doing okay. Same age as you.

We can't contain it, we can only isolate and support the vulnerable. The rest of us need to get back out there and build up herd immunity, and keep the economy going to avoid depression.
Sign the below for a different take on Covid, one which actually saves lives.

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Stay safe. You're a great contributor here.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:37 pm

I also believe he'll be fine. I hope your great uncle recovers with no after effects.
The thing that worries me is no one really knows the long term effects of having this.

My wife and I are freaks of nature health wise, but I don't want that to be tested.
I can never recall my wife being sick (knock-knock), and I'm pretty much in the same boat except for PC, ED, BPH, oh hell, I'm not all that healthy lol.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

INDIANA BONES

Postby INDIANA BONES » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:32 pm

What in the world does this subject have to do with getting an erection? Hope this site isn't getting political.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:26 am

You beat cancer Tomas, you would kick it's arse I have no doubt.
30's
UK

Hunchback

Postby Hunchback » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:35 am

Stop obsessing over COVID already.

As LeRoastBeef said, it can't be contained and everyone should just keep on with their lives. It IS a flu, albeit a nastier one, COVID type viruses have been around forever and no one ever cared or knew about it more than "a common cold". And yes, a flu DOES kill people ever year. Currently the actual death-rate of COVID is practically THE SAME as the "common cold", which is 0.1% of infected.

Unless you are gravely ill already or extremely old (which usually means being gravely ill from at least one thing), the chances of DYING from it are absurdly small. If you are in the risk category, keep safe and sadly you'll have to wait till most of the population has had it and we've built a herd immunity.
39 years old, married. ED all my life because of spinal cord injury caused by a tumor in early infant age. Using standard EDEX20 since 2007. Increasingly bad results with EDEX in the last few years, but had very good results for at least 10 years.

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:54 am

Even if it were true, that COVID would have the same mortality as influenza (not the common cold, which is a virus which just replicates in the upper respiratory tract thus not being deadly at all) the difference is that is way more infectious(thus in comparison to the flu there is not a wide established immunity all over the population) thus overflooding all the intensive care units world wide meaning other diseases will have a worse outcome as well.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:28 pm

tomas1 wrote:My granddaughter's husband had to ride to Nevada with a coworker to do a photo shoot.
The coworker later told him that he tested positive and his son had brought it home from school.

Grandson-in-law has now tested positive and has symptoms.

I know schools must be opened, but don't know how this can be contained.

Nobody does. It is in the environment now and there will be no "containing" it.

We (the human race) managed to "contain" smallpox, sort of around 1980. The only remaining examples of it are in labs under lock and key (level 4 biological containment or language like that). But can you ever be sure? Can you ever "put the genie back in the bottle"?

As LeRoastBeef said, herd immunity is the only practical "cure". As far as the Barrington Declaration (I hesitate to recognize the term, "Great" - suggesting that there is a minor Barrington Declaration for comparison) is concerned, that is one group of people's approach to a solution. I will not render an opinion at this time.

We have no choice but to persevere. Giving up is not an option.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:41 am

I'm more positive now than I was.
The damage is done, the west has been destroyed.
We will know destitution on a level not experienced since the great depression.
Young mothers dying from lack of cancer treatment.
Fathers not knowing how they are going to feed their children.
Good luck to the sorry bastards trying to survive a Scottish winter now that they can't afford heating. The homelessness is heartbreaking.

Or government even put covid infected patients into care homes, knowingly! The didn't even protect the oldies, that was the whole fucking point of lockdown. We threw them to the wolves. That's the one that pissed me off the most. They had no chance. We knew they wouldn't survive if exposed.

I'm relatively well off compared to most, and my life is hell with the lockdown. For most people covid is an afterthought. Survival is the focus. It was all avoidable.
It just took discipline and nuance. An intricate solution to a complex problem.

So no point in worrying. The damage is done. Smile in the dystopia.

Having said all that, you older lads here need to be extra careful now. A new more contagious strain is throughout Europe (they estimate 70% more infectious, although I wouldn't want to know the margin of error on that one....) , the vaccine will get to you soon. Isolate yourselves, just a bit longer till you get the jab.
30's
UK

James R. Johnson

Postby James R. Johnson » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:44 am

The best way to prevent or minimize illness is by making sure you're getting enough sleep, limiting stress, and taking immune-boosting supplements like this one here. However, there's really no magical immune system booster. Also, there are studies suggesting an important role for vitamin D in healthy immune functioning.

Return to “General Discussion”