Covid from school

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
AnotherOldMan

Re: Covid from school

Postby AnotherOldMan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:12 am

Herd Immunity???

I'm no expert, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express so here goes.

Assume the US has a population of 333,000,000. Most experts place herd immunity at %50 - %67 of the population so, counting on my fingers that is 166,500,000 to 223,110,000 needed to be infected to achieve "Herd Immunity". At a death rate of 1% that is 1,665,000 to 2,231,100 deaths.

It is much more complicated than that. This is a Novel virus. It has never been in the human population so there is no starting immunity we start from 0%. The more the virus spreads the more likely it mutates so there is no guarantee of immunity once you have been infected.

This is why vaccines are essential to short cut the path to "herd immunity". I suspect that if I survive this epidemic I will be getting a yearly Covid shot along with my yearly flu shot.

Since this is a site dedicated to dealing with ED, let's bring the discussion to the reason for this site with this- "...study found that surviving COVID-19 may be associated with erectile dysfunction (ED)."
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/yes- ... on-in-men/
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:09 am

Stay away from people outside of your immediate family as much as possible.

Wear the best quality mask you can whenever you HAVE to go out and about. (N95 and KN95 are great. A cloth mask over a surgical mask has also proven effective)

Get vaccinated as soon as it is available to you.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:39 am

The death rate among the vulnerable is between 0.5 to 1.5%.

The death rate among those that do not have underlying vulnerabilities is 0.03%. A survival rate of 99.97%. Those that died were not healthy, they had unknown underlying conditions. As for Long Covid, it's post viral fatigue, just like Long Flu.

The average age of death for women with Covid is 84.

The average age of death for men is 81.

For both genders this is 2 years above life expectancy.

The overwhelming majority of those who died had 1 year of life expectancy remaining.

If you are vulnerable and you do not isolate, lockdown or no, you have a high chance of catching covid. You have a chance, albeit small, of death.

If you are vulnerable and you isolate, lockdown or no, you will live.

This is why we should have isolated the vulnerable and allowed the healthy to acquire herd immunity. As a virus mutates time and again, it becomes less deady. The virologist that discovered this phenomenon named it after himself, 'X's ratchet', I can't remember the name of X. It will become more infectious, but with lower morbidity and mortality. The various versions of the Flu would have been a much more vicious virus when they first appeared.

Vaccines can accelrate this, they can allow the vulnerable to come out of hiding all the sooner. Waiting for them did more harm than good.
We are now in a position where the total life years lost due to lockdown will vastly exceed that lost due to the virus, even if we had allowed it to go unmitigated. The suffering of our children is the gravest sin, there is nothing more cowardly.

Your choice was between saving a smaller number of the very old, or a much larger number of young. We required leaders that were hard nosed enough to accept this and make the right call.

The logistics of dealing with the situation are complex, the logic required to understand the situation is not. We have to respect statistics, reason critically, regulate our emotional response as best we can, and reason independently of a media driven by political bias.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Return to “General Discussion”