MED3000 for ED: an update

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
KenJ1947

Re: MED3000 for ED: an update

Postby KenJ1947 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:23 pm

With our FDA involved, we might see it in December 2025 ... :o :roll:
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:36 pm

KenJ1947 wrote:With our FDA involved, we might see it in December 2025 ... :o :roll:

I know very little about regulatory procedures but it seems that all three phases have been completed in the case of MED3000 and now they want approval for making this OTC. I may be wrong, though.

The execs on the videos specifically mentioned the year 2021, let's wait and see. Fingers crossed!
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Leebert

Postby Leebert » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:40 pm

Went to there site and they said they hope to have approval either later this year or first part of next year. If your tri mix is failing I would assume that will also or not?
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

Hunchback

Postby Hunchback » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:17 am

Leebert wrote:If your tri mix is failing I would assume that will also or not?

Given how little information is available, i don't think anyone can answer that before trying. My immediate thought was the same as yours, but who knows how exactly it works and what ingredients they are using.
The fact that it's gonna be "over the counter" worries me the most. Considering that prescription, "serious", drugs like EDEX and all the pills don't always work all that well, i wonder how something that's supposedly as simple as a Doliprane can work in a similar or better way.

There was a lot of hype about that other gel, Vitaros, and in my experience (and i believe everyone on this forum that's tried it) and according to my uro, it was a complete fail. Absolutely 0 effect, it's even off the European market because of how completely bullshit it was. AND it took a prescription to buy.

So dunno, as i said we can always hope. IF this thing actually works it's gonna be revolutionary. I just wouldn't hold my breath about it :P
39 years old, married. ED all my life because of spinal cord injury caused by a tumor in early infant age. Using standard EDEX20 since 2007. Increasingly bad results with EDEX in the last few years, but had very good results for at least 10 years.

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:44 am

I tend to agree with you Hunchback. I am trying to understand the science behind this, but it is so vague. They are suggesting it works directly by stimulating endothelial and neuronal NO, via nerve terminals in just the glans from what I could understand.
Does anyone know of any studies which demonstrate the processes involved here?
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:49 am

ED is a 5 billion dollar market and yes, I believe there were cases of companies in the past that announced new ED treatments just to soar stock value. It seems, however, that MED3000 has already passed phase 3 and these guys are extremely optmistic.

I'm not sure if it was Vitaros but I once tried an alprostadil gel and the efficacy was zero. Hopefully, this one will do much better.
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:20 pm

"MED3000 has a unique evaporative mode of action which the Company believes stimulates nerve endings in the glans penis to cause an erection."
This is from the Futura medical website.
For many men, it is not getting an erection that is a problem, it is maintaining one. Once this evaporative process has ended does the supposed enhancement of the NO pathway which they say it stimulates, cease?
Once the gel is removed or diluted by a lubricant or by insertion into the vagina or anus or by oral sex does this "evaporative process" stop or become subdued?
For a drug to work it needs to be absorbed into the structures it will affect. So I am having trouble understanding how the above mentioned process could have an effect for a reasonable amount of time if it relies on an evaporative process.

PDE5 inhibitors work by also enhancing the NO pathway, but further down the chain of events by inhibiting the degradation of CGMP. We clearly understand how this process works and why it enhances erectile function. The drugs are absorbed internally and have specific half-lives so they have a reasonable period of time to be effective.
I Have not been able to find how they “believe” this gel actually works in a clear scientific explanation?
Using words like “believe” is also a concern.

I am quite sure that this gel will not work nearly as effectively as Trimix injections. For the simple reason that these injections target both the pro-relaxation elements and the pro- constriction elements in the erectile tissues. Both of these elements change as we age and this is one reason why PDE5 inhibitors stop being effective and the more potent vasodilators and adrenergic blockers are required to have good effect locally.
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:16 am

Simbarn wrote:"MED3000 has a unique evaporative mode of action which the Company believes stimulates nerve endings in the glans penis to cause an erection."
This is from the Futura medical website.
[...]

Thank you for your comment, Simbarn.

What exactly is an evaporative process?

I know nothing about regulatory procedures but it's not surprising that there is still very little information on this. It is still too early, the treatment is not available yet and they probably don't want to give away their secrets.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:02 am

Latest news from Futura Medical (October 2020):

https://www.medicalplasticsnews.com/mpn ... r-med3000/

According to this article, the EU approval process continues to progress well.

In the United States, they speak of a 'requested supplemental clinical trial', I have no idea what that is.

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:54 pm

Flavio wrote:Latest news from Futura Medical (October 2020):

https://www.medicalplasticsnews.com/mpn ... r-med3000/

According to this article, the EU approval process continues to progress well.

In the United States, they speak of a 'requested supplemental clinical trial', I have no idea what that is.

Sounds like they are not completely satisfied with the results from the clinical trials already submitted and they have requested a further trial to be completed. I have not read what they said so perhaps that states what further evidence is required from that trial or what was lacking in the previous ones.

Return to “General Discussion”