Alternative surgeries for ED, besides penile implant

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
PeaceofPain07

Alternative surgeries for ED, besides penile implant

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Hey Frank Talk,
My dad was a pediatrician doctor and also has ED. So he has knowledge of ED as a patient and doctor. After meeting with a popular implant doctor, I was pretty sold on getting a penile implant. However, after I told my dad about getting an implant, he felt strongly that I should find out if I'm a good candidate for what he called "penile vascular surgery". More on that in the link below:
https://maleinfertility.org/sexual-medi ... surgery-ed

Seems there's a better chance these surgeries would be ideal for young males, compared to older males. I'm 34 and struggled to manage ED with pills/etc for years.

Is there anyone who underwent "Revascularization Surgery", "Penile Artery Bypass Surgery", or "Venous Ligation Surgery"? If so, were you satisfied, what's your age for when you had ED and when you did the surgery?

My doctor didn't suggest these surgeries over an implant, saying they were more common decades ago and is falling out of favor. However, he may be saying that because he isn't trained in these other types of surgeries.
Born 1986. Implanted 3/21, Eid. Titan 20cm + 1RTE. 5'11 178lbs.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

Simbarn

Re: Alternative surgeries for ED, besides penile implant

Postby Simbarn » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi,
Venous ligation surgeries are not very successful from all the literature I have read. If they do work, it seems the result only lasts for a short period of time.
It is a method which generally does not address the actual cause of the penis not being able to sustain venous occlusion. They attempt to reduce the outflow of blood from the penis by significantly reducing the amount of veins which carry the blood away from the exterior of the Tunica.
In my opinion this is a makeshift attempt at trying to find a work around for the problem. The problem being the effective sealing of blood escape under the Tunica is failing. This can occur for many reasons further inside the corpus cavernosum.
After some time, the veins that are left most probably compensate and expand to allow more blood to escape and the surgery fails.

The other surgery being penile artery bypass looks to be only relevant if you have been specifically diagnosed with an actual blockage in one of the main arteries that supply blood to the corpus cavernosum. With all the myriad of causes of CVOD, this one seems to be just one of the many. So it would be a long shot IMO that this was the cause of your ED. If it was and it was also the ONLY cause then this operation may work.
One of the main issues with ED is being able to accurately diagnose what is causing your particular case of ED.

I think your doctor may have not suggested these surgery’s to you because he is quite aware of what I have mentioned above.
Has there been any particular diagnosis made in your case?
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:02 pm

Listen to Simbarn - do a search here on FrankTalk. You'll find many posts here going back years with very few reports of success with vascular surgeries and many reports of disappointment.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:26 am

Proper imaging is necessary upfront, but I had vein ligation two years ago and it did improve things.
No cure by all means.

But I had the superficial and deep dorsal vein and two ectopic veins ligated.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Return to “General Discussion”