Very very important

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Tellmehow

Very very important

Postby Tellmehow » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:24 am

Hi all,
I'm 33. I have been suffering from ed since 2 years ago. I have always had high libido but I recently checked my Testosterone and it is unbelievably low. (2.2 is minimum mine is 1.6). Now my question is, has low testosterone been proved as a cause of venous Leakage? And if yes, is it reversible?
Pleaseeee answer, this is very important to me.

jn1421

Re: Very very important

Postby jn1421 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:42 am

you should be examined by a Uro and ask his professional opinion

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:47 am

Yes and yes.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Tellmehow

Postby Tellmehow » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:48 am

jn1421 wrote:you should be examined by a Uro and ask his professional opinion

I sure will do. But this is important for me to hear people's experiences as well.

Tellmehow

Postby Tellmehow » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:54 am

mr.skin wrote:Yes and yes.

So, I guess in this case low Testosterone does not really deteriorate the veins, but instead it imitates the symptoms of venous Leakage, right?

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:10 pm

I have never read that low T is a cause of venous leak. I would appreciate any links to any studies claiming same. I have also Have read that venous leak is difficult to reverse.
So my response would be no and no.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:17 pm

Tellmehow wrote:Hi all,
I'm 33. I have been suffering from ed since 2 years ago. I have always had high libido but I recently checked my Testosterone and it is unbelievably low. (2.2 is minimum mine is 1.6). Now my question is, has low testosterone been proved as a cause of venous Leakage? And if yes, is it reversible?
Pleaseeee answer, this is very important to me.

Hi, we have been talking in private about your issues and this is a new finding. Low testosterone is definitely a problem for erectile function, for many reasons. The first thing you need to do is repeat the test, as sometimes lab error happens. Its a good idea to get 3 morning samples to get a good picture as to what is going on. What were the lab ranges of your test and what time of day was the test done?
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:03 pm

dtwarren1942 wrote:I have never read that low T is a cause of venous leak. I would appreciate any links to any studies claiming same. I have also Have read that venous leak is difficult to reverse.

It does help if you understand how testosterone works in the penis in regard to maintenance of the erectile tissues (the trabeculae, endothelium and smooth muscle health and quantity) it then becomes quite apparent that conditions such as fibrosis and loss of compliance of the erectile tissues can develop, alongside smooth muscle deterioration if T levels are very low. Adequate T levels are vital for penile health. I cannot stress this more.
Nocturnal erections are absolutely Testosterone dependent, that means if there is insufficient testosterone nocturnal erections decline and can almost stop. This results in ischemia and hypoxia in the erectile bodies in the penis. Nocturnal erections are vital for the maintenance of erectile function.
It has also been found that low T can cause an accumulation of adipocyte cells just under the tunica albuginea which could interfere with its ability to perform venous occlusion (create an effective seal).

The term venous leak is synonymous with the term CVOD. The above conditions lead to CVOD.
Low testosterone over a period of time can and does cause a venous leak.
Many people do not really understand what a venous leak actually is. I have discussed this is detail in many of my previous posts.
I hope this helps.
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Tellmehow

Postby Tellmehow » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:42 am

Simbarn wrote:
dtwarren1942 wrote:I have never read that low T is a cause of venous leak. I would appreciate any links to any studies claiming same. I have also Have read that venous leak is difficult to reverse.

It does help if you understand how testosterone works in the penis in regard to maintenance of the erectile tissues (the trabeculae, endothelium and smooth muscle health and quantity) it then becomes quite apparent that conditions such as fibrosis and loss of compliance of the erectile tissues can develop, alongside smooth muscle deterioration if T levels are very low. Adequate T levels are vital for penile health. I cannot stress this more.
Nocturnal erections are absolutely Testosterone dependent, that means if there is insufficient testosterone nocturnal erections decline and can almost stop. This results in ischemia and hypoxia in the erectile bodies in the penis. Nocturnal erections are vital for the maintenance of erectile function.
It has also been found that low T can cause an accumulation of adipocyte cells just under the tunica albuginea which could interfere with its ability to perform venous occlusion (create an effective seal).

The term venous leak is synonymous with the term CVOD. The above conditions lead to CVOD.
Many people do not really understand what a venous leak actually is. I have discussed this is detail in many of my previous posts.
I hope this helps.

Thanks indeed for your insightful comments. I had checked it 3 months ago at 12 O'clock, the lab range was 1.7- 8.5 and mine was 2. The recent one was done at 4 pm, the lab range was between 2.2 and 9.5 and mine is 1.7. But my free Testosterone is 18, normal range 9-34.I have high libido, I wake up with strong and lasting morning wood 3 times a week. My body is hairy. But I feel tired most of the time. I don't know what's going on.

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Tellmehow wrote:
Simbarn wrote:

I hope this helps.

Thanks indeed for your insightful comments. I had checked it 3 months ago at 12 O'clock, the lab range was 1.7- 8.5 and mine was 2. The recent one was done at 4 pm, the lab range was between 2.2 and 9.5 and mine is 1.7. But my free Testosterone is 18, normal range 9-34.I have high libido, I wake up with strong and lasting morning wood 3 times a week. My body is hairy. But I feel tired most of the time. I don't know what's going on.

Both times are not when you test for testosterone. Your doctor should know this. Testosterone should be checked in the morning 8am. Testing at 4pm in the afternoon can give a lower result. Who ever took your blood for the tests should have also said this is not the time to do the test. So redo the tests at that time and do more than one test.

Return to “General Discussion”