Not sure what to do?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Asdf1234

Re: Not sure what to do?

Postby Asdf1234 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:12 am

It all happened about 5 years ago (age 31) whilst I was in the middle of training for my occupation. It was causing me a great deal of anxiety and was majorly depressed. I had stopped my regular exercise for about 3 years at the time and was noticing I was starting to put on a fair bit of weight around my stomach. One night I noticed a decrease in my ejaculate volume and since then it just stayed the same. I passed my exams and qualified but noticed things were different I wasn’t getting any sponataneous erections and my depression and anxiety has also stayed the same since. I didn’t really notice any erection difficulties until about a year ago when I was with a girl on holiday and couldn’t get it up. Since then it’s been a nightmare. I’ve been fairly inactive this whole time and have not been eating or drinking right. The thing I notice the most is when I’m standing there is no sensitivity down there like a numb feeling and don’t respond to any stimuli and it messes with my mind. My flaccid weirdly feels like there’s no fullness to it as if it’s sort of hollow and no life. My libido and sex drive has been impacted in a big way and I just feel numb. The weird thing is I still get nocturnal and morning erections but the don’t feel the same as in they are not as strong or as full and then I start thinking about it and they go down.

My weight, I wouldn’t say I was obese but I am carrying a bit of extra weight, I’d say I’m maybe about 30 or 40kg overweight? But I’m 6’3” tall so kind of not as bad. I started and stopped smoking over the years and right now I’ve been smoking for about 18 months after I had quit for 3 years. I don’t drink alcohol or take drugs. But my diet and exercise level is not good. I am also in a job where I’m sitting down a lot of the time. My work I’m alone so I’m constantly thinking about this day in day out. It’s seriously messing with my mind and I’m just hoping it is 100% psychological and can be resolved but I’m seriously starting to doubt it.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:16 pm

I hear you and can relate to your situation. But I can't spend much time right now. Later I will write more completely.

1) Depression is a cause of many things, including E.D. and this at first glance appears to be a contributing factor in your case

2) Depression is treatable.

3) Diet, exercise and time (age as the years pass) have great effect on E.D. Many chemicals we consume contribute to restricted blood flow - particularly those chemicals found in tobacco! Every time you light one up, think about how the shortening of that cigarette shortens your penis! (Now, ain't THAT an image!)

You have hit the nail on the head with your self-description. A) Fix your metabolism by adjusting your diet and exercise habits. B) Making a positive act to address a problem is MARVELOUSLY effective at lifting the gloom of depression.

Suggestion: When you re-start your exercise routine, think of it as preparing for a date with a gal who is a "sure thing". Whatever mental image you use, I find that picturing an incentive makes (usually boring and onerous) exercise a lot more palatable.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Asdf1234

Postby Asdf1234 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:12 pm

Lost Sheep I tried to reply to your PM but it just stays in my outbox, not sure why?

Asdf1234

Postby Asdf1234 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:09 am

Can anyone tell me that failing to get erect or going flaccid when standing up at all times... can that ever be reversed? Is it always venous leak and irreversible or can it be purely anxiety driven? It always happens even first thing in morning, this In my mind would point to a purely physical problem. This is eating me alive every day and no end in site.

The professor of urology has just sent me a summary on the latest test and said “no evidence of venous leak, the test showed normal venous occlusion, this is very encouraging”

The test was done whilst I was lying down and not in a standing position would this make any difference? Please can someone help?

Charlie2019

Postby Charlie2019 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 am

Asdf1234 wrote:Can anyone tell me that failing to get erect or going flaccid when standing up at all times... can that ever be reversed? Is it always venous leak and irreversible or can it be purely anxiety driven? It always happens even first thing in morning, this In my mind would point to a purely physical problem. This is eating me alive every day and no end in site.

The professor of urology has just sent me a summary on the latest test and said “no evidence of venous leak, the test showed normal venous occlusion, this is very encouraging”

The test was done whilst I was lying down and not in a standing position would this make any difference? Please can someone help?

Get your testosterone checked...
53 years old. 3 botched circumcisions starting at 3 years old. 2 botched reconstructive attempts, finally got the AMS LGX on Dec 14, 2017 in London Ontario by Dr. Gerry Brock. Great Dr. Love my implant

Asdf1234

Postby Asdf1234 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:56 am

Mate, with all due respect I have had my T checked by an andrologist and she said it was fine. The docs reading from last October was 14.7. Some have said on here it’s on the lower end of normal. But what can I do about this? Does having injections and the like do harm to your body? Does this mean at some stage I’m ultimately going to need an implant?

Charlie2019

Postby Charlie2019 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Asdf1234 wrote:Mate, with all due respect I have had my T checked by an andrologist and she said it was fine. The docs reading from last October was 14.7. Some have said on here it’s on the lower end of normal. But what can I do about this? Does having injections and the like do harm to your body? Does this mean at some stage I’m ultimately going to need an implant?

I wouldn't say that they do damage to your body but eventually they will cease to work and you will be forced to either get an implant or join the priesthood. As I told you, my testosterone level was "normal" but one day the surgeon was mumbling when he was reading my lab results and he said low end of normal so I asked him if he would be willing to try me on T injections - once every three weeks and he agreed. Now I am on the high end of normal and with the exception of not getting enough, my sex life is great. You just have to be willing and have the nerve to ask the doc. You are NOT questioning their knowledge, you are simply pointing out that not every is built the same way. :)
53 years old. 3 botched circumcisions starting at 3 years old. 2 botched reconstructive attempts, finally got the AMS LGX on Dec 14, 2017 in London Ontario by Dr. Gerry Brock. Great Dr. Love my implant

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:38 pm

Asdf1234 wrote:Can anyone tell me that failing to get erect or going flaccid when standing up at all times... can that ever be reversed? Is it always venous leak and irreversible or can it be purely anxiety driven? It always happens even first thing in morning, this In my mind would point to a purely physical problem. This is eating me alive every day and no end in site.

I think you may be focusing too much on this one symptom and giving it too much power in your mind.
Treat your depression and anxiety as I and others have mentioned.
Restart your exercise routine and lose some weight.
Focus on your diet.
The above three things can improve your testosterone levels naturally. They may also lower the adrenergic activity in your penis.
Try and stop giving that pathway in your brain strength in regards to losing your erection when you stand, as there will be some performance anxiety related to this.
Stop thinking about it and focus on the things mentioned above.
Exercise your penis as well to give it plenty of oxygen saturation during the day.

It is always preferable to try and get your T levels up naturally.
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Asdf1234

Postby Asdf1234 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:35 am

Thanks for your help everyone, just one more question.

If I have ever had trauma on the penis that could be causing this, would this trauma have definitely shown up on Doppler?

Asdf1234

Postby Asdf1234 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:08 am

Just had results of my latest T level and it’s 19.1 nl/mol which converts to 550.....I think is the higher end of normal?

Return to “General Discussion”