Not sure what to do?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Simbarn

Re: Not sure what to do?

Postby Simbarn » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:51 am

Asdf1234 wrote:What you have said is almost exactly what I’m subconsciously thinking is happening but don’t know the science behind it. It’s as if I can Feel the anxiety and adrenaline circulating
My body constantly and up to about a year ago I never had this physical effect of my anxiety and depression on my body..I’m easily startled and Muscles sensitive to touch and shake a lot when I do anything...I never had this before..I could be suffering ptsd from the past but haven’t been Diagnosed with this. It’s as if my brain isn’t engaging with my penis properly and that effect worsens to a greater extent when I stand up.

Thanks so much for explaining this in the detail you have, it’s helped put my mind at rest a great deal! I will have a look at your other posts. Thanks a million!

If you are experiencing anxiety to such an extent, I am not surprised your erectile function is being affected like it is. Anxiety can be a tricky condition to treat, but definitely needs to be treated! I hope you can find a competent doctor to help you with this.
Psilocybin (Magic mushroom) has been of great interest lately in studies for depression and anxiety. These conditions can be quite resistant to current common treatment protocols. I have family members who suffer with this too, so I have read with great interest the success some people have had with Psilocybin.
I'm very happy I was able to help and give your mind some peace on the issue. I have always felt understanding goes a long way.
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Asdf1234

Postby Asdf1234 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:26 am

I found out my serum testosterone level was 14.7 nmol/L about a year ago. This seems a bit low to me? I’m waiting for another test

Asdf1234

Postby Asdf1234 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:41 am

Anyone?

Stenlie_

Postby Stenlie_ » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:02 am

Hello from me too . 14.7 nmol / L is an idea low, but by no means outside the normal range. If the reference values are: 9-29 nmol.
I have a question, when they did your Doppler tests, did they give you an antidote after completing the tests?

Asdf1234

Postby Asdf1234 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:09 am

How do you mean? Like an injection to bring the erection back down? If that’s what your asking, no they didn’t

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:41 am

Asdf1234 wrote:I found out my serum testosterone level was 14.7 nmol/L about a year ago. This seems a bit low to me? I’m waiting for another test

As already mentioned, this is within normal limits, but on the lower side of normal. Some men have a level like this and can be just fine. It could improve with lifestyle changes.
Good to see the next result.
Age 57, ED issues for 15-20 years. Testosterone replacement with Enanthate and Ovidrel. Currently using generic Tadalafil 2.5mgs and Resveratrol daily.

Asdf1234

Postby Asdf1234 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:31 pm

So your saying that with lifestyle changes ie eating right and exercising and getting rid of depression and anxiety can possibly make Testosterone and erectile function return to normal?

Simbarn

Postby Simbarn » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:01 pm

Asdf1234 wrote:So your saying that with lifestyle changes ie eating right and exercising and getting rid of depression and anxiety can possibly make Testosterone and erectile function return to normal?

Anxiety and depression can definitely cause sexual difficulties. Your anxiety issues will most likely be inhibiting erectile function. Levels of hormones could be negatively impacted as well.
Eating well and doing some regular exercise will help all your issues in a big way! Avoid as much sugar as you can, it is the enemy. Avoid processed foods. Be mindful of fat intake, but as I mentioned sugar is the real culprit( its in most processed foods). If you are overweight, restrict carbohydrates after 4pm. Completely avoid all fizzy drinks such as coke, these are just chemicals and or sugar that ruin our bodies.
Diet is without exception incredibly important to our health. Diabetes 2 is a big problem in the US and is mostly caused from lifestyle and diet.
Are you doing any physical exercise, gym?

Whodat

Postby Whodat » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:46 pm

Asdf....good sound advise.
Age 80 good health. Radiation prostate 28 hits 4 years ago with 6 months of horrible ADT. Good recovery and ED worse.
Can't tolerate oral drugs but 5 years of Alprostadil 40mcg/ml 25 units is a miracle for 3 hours. GF is happy!!

Asdf1234

Postby Asdf1234 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:05 am

It all happened about 5 years ago (age 31) whilst I was in the middle of training for my occupation. It was causing me a great deal of anxiety and was majorly depressed. I had stopped my regular exercise for about 3 years at the time and was noticing I was starting to put on a fair bit of weight around my stomach. One night I noticed a decrease in my ejaculate volume and since then it just stayed the same. I passed my exams and qualified but noticed things were different I wasn’t getting any sponataneous erections and my depression and anxiety has also stayed the same since. I didn’t really notice any erection difficulties until about a year ago when I was with a girl on holiday and couldn’t get it up. Since then it’s been a nightmare. I’ve been fairly inactive this whole time and have not been eating or drinking right. The thing I notice the most is when I’m standing there is no sensitivity down there like a numb feeling and don’t respond to any stimuli and it messes with my mind. My flaccid weirdly feels like there’s no fullness to it as if it’s sort of hollow and no life. My libido and sex drive has been impacted in a big way and I just feel numb. The weird thing is I still get nocturnal and morning erections but the don’t feel the same as in they are not as strong or as full and then I start thinking about it and they go down.

My weight, I wouldn’t say I was obese but I am carrying a bit of extra weight, I’d say I’m maybe about 30 or 40kg overweight? But I’m 6’3” tall so kind of not as bad. I started and stopped smoking over the years and right now I’ve been smoking for about 18 months after I had quit for 3 years. I don’t drink alcohol or take drugs. But my diet and exercise level is not good. I am also in a job where I’m sitting down a lot of the time. My work I’m alone so I’m constantly thinking about this day in day out. It’s seriously messing with my mind and I’m just hoping it is 100% psychological and can be resolved but I’m seriously starting to doubt it.
Last edited by Asdf1234 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”